[SOLVED] Internet timing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolffmichael7

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
On certain sites (YouTube, FB, Google Mmaps) I get in no problem. On most sites, (e.g. IOLO.com) my connection times out. Took the PC to Micro Center, it worked fine. Tried different ports, switches and network cards to no avail. I only have a few hairs left...
Might have something to do with a co worker installing something that also added Mcafee, we use PCMatic. I did uninstall Mcafee, as soon as I saw it.
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Last edited:
Solution
I assume the issue is related to iolo.com, not your side.

If you get fair/good responses for pinging google public DNS, so you should consider you network good, and blame others(but not always it's true, but mostly)

in command line, try ping 8.8.8.8 and/or ping 1.1.1.1 , and see you get responses below 150ms(less the better), then you are kind of in good state.
Sep 28, 2019

If you get fair/good responses for pinging google public DNS, so you should consider you network good, and blame others(but not always it's true, but mostly)

in command line, try ping 8.8.8.8 and/or ping 1.1.1.1 , and see you get responses below 150ms(less the better), then you are kind of in good state.

Solution

wolffmichael7

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Pinged 8.8.8.8
Reply from 192.168.254.0: Destination net unreachable.
then timed out 3x
lost 3 packets.
Then I pinged 1.1.1.1
Reply from 192.168.254.0: Destination net unreachable. (4x)
Gotta be a conflict between this PC and my router.

wolffmichael7

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Pinged 8.8.8.8
Reply from 192.168.254.0: Destination net unreachable.
then timed out 3x
lost 3 packets.
Then I pinged 1.1.1.1
Reply from 192.168.254.0: Destination net unreachable. (4x)

Sep 28, 2019
Yes, kind of! Do you set DHCP on your modem? and also in system side, make sure you have set static-ip setup if it's not dynamic.

What's your modem?
Some modems has built in pinging functionality. connect to the modem admin page, and find the ping tool. Perform the same 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8, and see if it comes the same result, if so, so you have some NAT issue! otherwise, it's related to your modem/pc connection config.

Also, try to run ipconfig /all in command line, what does it return in your windows machine?
If you are in Unix, try ifconfig -a

Status
Not open for further replies.