Internet unusable from main computer.

quarkgaming2016

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
So at about 5 yesterday I noticed that I couldn't connect to any servers and loading into websites was very slow compared to normal speeds. After restarting both my router and my main PC, I tried to download something to test the internet speed. I usually get 5-9 down and when tried, I never broke 100kb/s. I thought maybe it was steam or something else hogging the bandwidth so I shut down my other computer and turned off wifi on my phone, to no avail. I tried restarting my router and it still won't break a 130kb cap. I checked my other computer's speed and it seemed normal, and loading things on other devices works fine. Today I am having the same problem, and it doesn't do anything. I can provide pictures of speed tests from both before and after the problem along with Task Manager Network activity. It says some proccesses are taking upwards of 140,000 B/sec but I don't know what that means in coorelation with what it should take. But on the graph, it shows the bar reaching sometimes above 1mb. I don't know if this is normal or something is wrong. I suspect it has something to do with the wifi card since it is only this PC having the problem. I would appreciate any help asap because in this current state I can't do anything on my main PC.

Solution
I fixed it, after 2 days of troubleshooting, it came out to be that the Wifi card was old and didn't work as good as before. I got a new usb wifi adapter and it works fine now.

quarkgaming2016

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I fixed it, after 2 days of troubleshooting, it came out to be that the Wifi card was old and didn't work as good as before. I got a new usb wifi adapter and it works fine now.

Solution