[SOLVED] Internet upload drops to zero even when connected to the modem.

Mar 16, 2021
Not sure what else to try. I have tried just about everything i can think of and worked with my ISP. They have replaced all the equipment in my home and given me a new port elsewhere and nothing seems to solve the issue. I have fiber to the home. This is super frustrating when playing games because it will disconnect me or time me out depending on the game that I am playing. I have looked into it being a driver issue, hardware issue, software issue, replaced everything in my internal network, and this happens on multiple computers. Any help is appreciated. I have used pingplotter and Wireshark which neither have found anything wrong. The only thing that shows this happening is in task manager (screenshot posted.)

View: https://imgur.com/lKLUQb1

Solution
You need to test more carefully with ping. You need to let it run constantly to various addresses until you find the problem. Running it 10 times and seeing nothing means little. The ISP will do exactly as you have done...I ran ping and found no problems and will say it is not their problem.

You have to show them what breaks. If only breaks to certain IP addresses then the ISP correctly will blame the problem on another ISP. You really need to find a way to detect the problemto the first ISP router in a tracert. This tends to be the only thing the ISP can easily fix.

The ISP will never accept that a game all the sudden breaks because games have all kinds of strange issues that are not really network but they blame...
Feb 28, 2021
Not sure what else to try. I have tried just about everything i can think of and worked with my ISP. They have replaced all the equipment in my home and given me a new port elsewhere and nothing seems to solve the issue. I have fiber to the home. This is super frustrating when playing games because it will disconnect me or time me out depending on the game that I am playing. I have looked into it being a driver issue, hardware issue, software issue, replaced everything in my internal network, and this happens on multiple computers. Any help is appreciated. I have used pingplotter and Wireshark which neither have found anything wrong. The only thing that shows this happening is in task manager (screenshot posted.)

View: https://imgur.com/lKLUQb1
What is a fiber modem?

If this is a very intermittent issue pingplot may not run long enough to see it.

Try leaving a constant ping command run in a back ground window to 8.8.8.8 to start.

Since ping must both send and receive data for it to work you should see outages on the ping command also. If it does show loss you will have to ping some other ip in the path similar to ping plot to isolates it. If it does not show errors I would be more suspect of application issue.

Mar 16, 2021
I have tried a ping test as well. It does not show anything out of the ordinary. This is happening on multiple computers around my house as well. Both WiFi and wired connections

Not sure it would have to be something that blocks only certain types of traffic other than ping.

If it does it on mulitple devices it has to then be the router but it is not likely unless you configured something.

Maybe it is only certain sites that have the problem. Try to ping things like the actual game server if it allows it.

Mar 16, 2021
Not sure it would have to be something that blocks only certain types of traffic other than ping.

If it does it on mulitple devices it has to then be the router but it is not likely unless you configured something.

Maybe it is only certain sites that have the problem. Try to ping things like the actual game server if it allows it.
I have bypassed the router entirely and plugged directly into the modem, still happens.

You need to test more carefully with ping. You need to let it run constantly to various addresses until you find the problem. Running it 10 times and seeing nothing means little. The ISP will do exactly as you have done...I ran ping and found no problems and will say it is not their problem.

You have to show them what breaks. If only breaks to certain IP addresses then the ISP correctly will blame the problem on another ISP. You really need to find a way to detect the problemto the first ISP router in a tracert. This tends to be the only thing the ISP can easily fix.

The ISP will never accept that a game all the sudden breaks because games have all kinds of strange issues that are not really network but they blame it on the network.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS