[SOLVED] Internet/WiFi Issues After Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Blindmonkey

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016
I recently upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10 and the internet has been falling out frequently ever since regardless of which network I'm connected to.

Is this a common issue that people experience during the upgrade? I have be researching and a lot of people have had issues with certain windows updates.

My PC is a custom build with an ASUS motherboard and a realtalk WiFi adaptor.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and reply back to this.

Blindmonkey

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016
I have a Q87M-E Asus motherboard. I went through each device on the Device Manager and manually checked if they had the latest driver, and the only 2 that didn't were the COM1 and COM2 ports.

Just to give a little more detail: the issue occurs mainly within the first 3-5 minutes after start up. The internet will drop out once after 1 minute or so, then come back after another minute. Then around 2 minutes later it will drop out a second time, again for 1 minute and then go back to normal and then run relatively smoothly afterwards as far as I can see.

Blindmonkey

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016
It has since gone into FREE FALL since with it now cutting out constantly every few minutes. I have not changed on the system settings so I don't understand why it has now suddenly decided to become more frequent; at the time when it starting doing this I was watching/loading multiple YouTube videos at once, so perhaps the thing crumbles when under pressure(?)