Question internet working fine yet some websites refuse to open, also "page took to long to load"

Jan 8, 2019
made a clean install of windows 7 on an ssd, computer nearby with the same net is working just fine (same realtek ethernet controller driver). yet this one despite windows working perfectly and fast, isn't loading a website like tom hardware for example. can't install java because no download will open, meanwhile other sites work fine.

I tried different vpn and nothing, right now it is set on auto. this blows my mind because I never encountered such a confusing problem.

important to note, while doing a speed test, my download speed is high, my ping is low, but then it gets stuck on upload speed. this might be the problem since this never happened before. on another browser it doesn't get stuck but shows 0.

p.s.

funny enough this webtsite "Tom's Hardware" refuses to open on that pc, I simply can't load this website.

Edit:

installed Java, didn't help. tried every browser I could think of, same problem.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
So the site doesn't work on your PC but it opens up fine on other system's and devices? You might want to see if you're on the latest networking drivers for your platform. make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your system and lastly see, if your time is in order. Often times people are in the past or the future(literally speaking) and often times you will encounter an issue trying to view webpages.

You forgot to mention the web browser you've used. Try other web browsers in case one is always nitpicky.

Jan 8, 2019
So the site doesn't work on your PC but it opens up fine on other system's and devices? You might want to see if you're on the latest networking drivers for your platform. make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your system and lastly see, if your time is in order. Often times people are in the past or the future(literally speaking) and often times you will encounter an issue trying to view webpages.

You forgot to mention the web browser you've used. Try other web browsers in case one is always nitpicky.

I've tried on different browsers and it's the same problem.

the bios is the same one as it was, not sure how to check the latest network drivers I need. but I installed the same one I've used before. everything is the same apart from a new windows (ultimate this time, old one was 7 basic or something) on an ssd, other than that nothing was changed.