flower

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

Our internet works sometimes, but often shuts down after 2-30 minutes. Then
it will start working again without re-starting, just on it's own. This
started after I ran our weekly adaware scan. I don't know if that is related.
We have Zonealarm & one time when I turned that off, our internet started
working again, but the next I tried that, it didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks

Byte

This problem has very little to do with WindowsXP. It is mainly controlled by
your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and possibly your local telephone or
cable co.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Flower" wrote:

> Our internet works sometimes, but often shuts down after 2-30 minutes. Then
> it will start working again without re-starting, just on it's own. This
> started after I ran our weekly adaware scan. I don't know if that is related.
> We have Zonealarm & one time when I turned that off, our internet started
> working again, but the next I tried that, it didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks

flower

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2004

I've phoned our internet service provider, and they said it had nothing to do
with them, that it was a problem with our coumputer. We have high speed
internet through cable.

"Byte" wrote:

> This problem has very little to do with WindowsXP. It is mainly controlled by
> your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and possibly your local telephone or
> cable co.
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "Flower" wrote:
>
> > Our internet works sometimes, but often shuts down after 2-30 minutes. Then
> > it will start working again without re-starting, just on it's own. This
> > started after I ran our weekly adaware scan. I don't know if that is related.
> > We have Zonealarm & one time when I turned that off, our internet started
> > working again, but the next I tried that, it didn't help. Any ideas? Thanks

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

I am also most curious to find an answer. The trouble for this mine seems to
be when I am using any of the messenger systems. The computer will freeze up
and quit responding. Yet some days I can go for longer stretches then others
without the interference, many times having no ability to log back into the
internet for awhile.