Internets ON but browser do not work

Justin Jamieson

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
My internet is actually on but 90% of things it can't access, for example, I can still talk to friends on steam but I can't actually goto the store page or load up any browser or site on a browser, comes up with a Page can't be loaded DNS Area.

It's happening on EVERY PC in this house, when this happens I have to restart the router and it happens again within the next 1 hour

this also pops up https://gyazo.com/243542cf84b651386623dd8316d9fec9

Update: this should also be noted that it happens too on FetchTV box which plays netflix.

Solution
Does your router handle DHCP? That's just stating that your computer has the same IP address as something else on your network. Take an inventory of it, make sure your router is dishing out the DHCP properly. Adjust the amount of ip addresses it can dish out. Give yourself some headroom over what you inventory on your network. Make sure everything is set to DHCP, and if you need some things set as static, they are either set as static IP addresses outside of your DHCP scope, or if your router allows you to make DHCP reservations, go that route. Check your DNS settings as well on the router.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Does your router handle DHCP? That's just stating that your computer has the same IP address as something else on your network. Take an inventory of it, make sure your router is dishing out the DHCP properly. Adjust the amount of ip addresses it can dish out. Give yourself some headroom over what you inventory on your network. Make sure everything is set to DHCP, and if you need some things set as static, they are either set as static IP addresses outside of your DHCP scope, or if your router allows you to make DHCP reservations, go that route. Check your DNS settings as well on the router.

Solution