Question Interpreting PSU test results

Nov 5, 2022
I built a new system using the Cooler Master NR200P Masterbox cabinet - PSU is pre-installed. After the build, nothing turned on. No fans or lights. I did one time see the light on the power switch on the cabinet go on, but only once. Since operator error on my part is very possible, I did not want to assume that the PSU was bad, so I tested it with a Kingwin power supply tester.

If anyone is familiar with these testers: The tester beeped continuously, and the number 120 ms under PG blinks. Are those signs of a bad CPU?

Ralston18

Titan
Which model Kingwin?

PG = Power Good Signal.

May or may not be true.

The Kingwin should be tried/tested on a known working PSU to get some sense if the tester is indeed working and accurate.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/test-a-power-supply-using-a-power-supply-tester-2626160

Multimeter:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

= = = =

Refer to motherboard's documentation to double check that all connections are indeed correct. Do the same for all installed components.

Also with a new build some connection may not be fully in place. No one wants to force a connection so what may seem connected is actually not.

Carefully (with power off and power cable disconnected) unplug and replug all connections. Inspect plugs and ports for signs of damage, debris, etc..

You may discover that suddenly something slides into place just a bit easier and then all will work.

Nov 5, 2022
Thanks for that reply and the links. I am using the Kingwin KPST-01.

And yes, installer error is probably more likely, but I just wanted to check the PSU before I re-did the installation.

Nov 5, 2022
To close this message chain - Cooler Master said the PSU was not optimal based on that reading that I described above. They said to RMA the PSU. But I did a couple more tries at plugging items into the MOBO, and finally got everything to work. So I am hoping the reading is not important. Basically, just did not get all connections right.