[SOLVED] Interrupted actions message

BIGDP

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2014
Please can anyone help me?
Anytime I double click on an icon on the desktop I get an Interrupted action message and the icon disappears to the recycle bin. When I try and restore it from the recycle bin I get asked if I want to permanently delete it. I'm using a Lenovo g50 with Windows 10.
I have uni stuff on desktop and I'm scared I'll lose it. Can anyone please help?
Thanks

BIGDP

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2014
I don't use any anti virus on it. Is Windows defender installed on the Lenovo g50 as I can't remember ever disabling anything unless something else has disabled it.

BIGDP

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2014
Strongly recommend you back this stuff up before going too much farther down the "fixing" path.
Hi I would love to save things but I'm scared to click on them incase they disappear. They go straight to recycle bin but when I try and restore I get a message saying " Do u want to permanently delete these file?". I can't understand how this happens as I select restore files.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its built into every copy of windows 10. it should be there.

backing up info good idea if it randomly vanishes now

try searching either of these terms
  • Virus & threat protection settings
  • Controlled folder access
they should have corresponding screens in win 10

BIGDP

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2014
That setting is definitely not there. When I click on virus and threat protection settings I get a message up saying " page not available and your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information". I then click on ok and get to the security at a glance screen which has 6 options on it. Account information, Firewall and Network protection, App and browser control, Device Security, Device performance and health and Family Options.

TRENDING THREADS