Interrupted hard reset

Apr 22, 2018
During a hard reset on my tab pro S just as windows 10 was about to reinstall my battery ran out..numb skull.Check battery life next time..
Now I get error mssg.computer restarted unexpectedly or unexpected error. To reinstall Windows click OK to restart installation but nothing happens and I'm stuck in a loop.
Press ok restart press ok restart ect.
Please help..
Richard.

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

broken install is result. Ideal solution is a fresh install. Need to wipe ssd first to get past that error

change boot order in bios so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd, make note of ssd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the ssd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

broken install is result. Ideal solution is a fresh install. Need to wipe ssd first to get past that error

change boot order in bios so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type diskpart and press enter
type list disk and press enter
this shows all drives available, DVD/USB and hdd, make note of ssd number
type Select disk X - where X is the number of the ssd you want to wipe, change X to that number and press enter
once the drive you want to install on is chosen, type Clean
restart PC and installer should run,

follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here).

Solution