intex classic psu compatible with sapphire r7 250 1 GB ddr5?

a_bista

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
my psu's config is
Intex Classic 450 SMPSDetails of PSU:Connector: 20+4 Pin; 2SATA;2HDD;1FANAC Input: 220V 4A/50HzDC Output: +5V = 29A+12V = 18A+ 3.3V = 30A-12V = 0.5A+5VSB = 2ANote: (3.3V&5V=85W MAX) Total Output shall not continuously exceed 200W
will this psu be compatible with the r7 250?

a_bista

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
reallly??? but i have read that since it is a low power consuming card and it should be fine on my pc? my specs are
gigabyte h61m-s1
i3 3220 3.3 ghz
4gb ddr3 ram
500 gb hard disk...
i've read a post where they were saying that this psu could handle hd7750 also...
i was jst trying to confirm but now im totally lost...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Oh, it will run the card. No problem. But if you intend on gaming at resolutions and settings that max out the card, it will overload the weak PSU.
What will happen then is (best case scenario) the PC will shut down or re-boot. Or (worse case scenario) the PSU will fry itself and take out something else when it goes.
I built a HTPC awhile back with a 270W PSU that had a 13A and 7A +12V rail. I used a low profile HD 7750 1GB. But the PSU had a peak rating of 300W. It worked OK on it, but it was getting close to the efficiency range of that 80 Plus PSU. I doubt yours is even 80% efficient. That means that anything beyond 70-80% full load for an extended period of time will degrade the PSU's components rapidly.

a_bista

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
no my psu is the intex classic one
ooh you mean to say that even if i buy this card and even if it fits with my psu,then I will have to play any game in low resolution in order to maintain it's durability???

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

A low temp has no bearing on what amount of current the GPU will draw. Current (amps) is simply a function of the amount of work the processor has to do. If you feel like risking it, go ahead and use the card with the existing PSU. But if it only has a single 18 amp +12V rail, it will be only a matter of time before the PSU fails.

a_bista

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
oh,you said psu is compatible,so will playing games on low settings with this card might lower the chance of psu failure or burn out???
coz im in a tight budget to buy a PSU now so only thinking to buy this card and run it,however i'll be upgrading later...

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

I suppose if you stay at mid settings you might not overload the +12V rail.