Into The 7nm Era: An Interview With AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su

AMD rose from the brink of bankruptcy to one of the best performers in the S&P 500 in just three short years. The surprising turnaround comes against all odds as the company competes with both Intel and AMD, two of the largest semiconductor vendors in the world, yet is a fraction of their size.

So... AMD competes against itself?

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Go easy on them. Writing and publishing this during CES is a tremendous achievement. Great job Paul!

Edit: and it's fixed :D Thanks for the eagle eyes shrapnel!

Possibly the most amazing woman in the world of computing. A great role model for women and has the smarts like Meyer and the original 7 Fairchild guys had. AMD so sorely needed an engineer at the top after the bean counters Hector and Rory nearly wrecked the joint.

Reality is, I hope everyone competes against themselves anyway... It keeps them from from being too complacent and challenges them to grow.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
I'm excited to hear that AMD will be announcing their plans for ray tracing this year. I think it was a smart move to hold off a generation to see how Nvidia handled the roll-out.

It was a good interview.

I was hoping to hear a question about if AMD is working with Microsoft to fix its obvious kernel issue. That fix should be huge for the upcoming high core count threadripper and EPYC CPU's.