Discussion Introduction and my T3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

rGBurninator

Prominent
May 4, 2020
Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joe and I am currently building a Dell T3500. There is still a lot to do but as of right now it is running well enough to play the new modern warfare medium settings at 60fps. I'm having fun building this computer and doing things I have not seen done yet but I still have a lot more to do like build a bracket for the io panel and clean up all the wiring for now here are the specs.

Cooler Master Haf X Case Modified
T3500 motherboard
24gbs ECC 10600
Nvidia EVGA SSC 1060
Xeon X5687 3.6ghz
Cooler Master 212 RGB Black Edition CPU cooler
Thermaltake 700w smart PSU
128gb Samsung SSD (Boot)
256gb Samsung EVO (Games)
1TB HDD (whatever else)
1TB Western Digital External (also games)
USB 3.0 pcie card with 7 ports
All 4 original 200mm fans for a total of 7 fans.
https://ibb.co/r4cw2dn

Nice, My t3500 recently died, chipset failure, so I've finally moved on. I never hooked up the front panel, the pins for power on are next to each other and can be used with a normal case power button, though shave down a little bit since the pins were shorter.

You have intake fans in the front yes? It looks like your cpu heatsing fan is backwards and is pushing hot air towards intake fans unless you have the fan configured to pull air through the heatsink?

rGBurninator

Prominent
May 4, 2020
Thanks! The CPU I have is locked and I am using the factory T3500 Motherboard which is un-overclockable (made that word up) from what I have read. Unless there is another way?

Nice, My t3500 recently died, chipset failure, so I've finally moved on. I never hooked up the front panel, the pins for power on are next to each other and can be used with a normal case power button, though shave down a little bit since the pins were shorter.

You have intake fans in the front yes? It looks like your cpu heatsing fan is backwards and is pushing hot air towards intake fans unless you have the fan configured to pull air through the heatsink?

Aw that sucks man, I hope this one will last long enough to enjoy haha. Tell me more about this front panel, you can tap the board for a power switch? I have been wanting to do that just nervous. I have only one front fan and it's at the bottom pushing air in. I do have the CPU cooler fan pushing air through the cooler but the fan right above it (there are two above it) helps exhaust it out, at least in theory, I think

rGBurninator

Prominent
May 4, 2020
the bottom row of the front panel header, from left to right, pins 10+11 is the power button, the pins arent very long so u may shave the plastic a bit on the connector, though it will work without shaving.
Ohh connecting straight to the header...hmmm left to right, looking at it which way? Lol or are they labeled 10 and 11?

Vmos.png

rGBurninator

Prominent
May 4, 2020
Thanks! Yeah I will be either getting a Sata 3.0 card or a sound card. The sound card will have no wiring going to it for power so would be cleaner just don't know if it is worth it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS