[SOLVED] Intrusion Attempt Blocked. What tried to?

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
I've been getting this message by Norton i think ever since i downloaded an software to make ISO images bootable. I deleted the program a few days ago but it still happening. I have ran Norton in the files listed below the report but Norton doesn't find anything, Will this be fixed by just uninstalling the program from Control Panel? I attached an image to better show the notification.
View: https://imgur.com/NmY91ho

Last edited:
Solution
No telling what else was installed /might have been installed/bundled at the time you loaded whatever application...

Have a scan each w/ Malwarebytes Antimalware, Hitman Pro64, and Roguekiller64

If you want a safe ISO burning tool that is easy to use, use BalenaEtcher.

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
It says attack attempt came from your Google Chrome. Google Chrome has it's own virus scanner inside, I would try to run that too. Open Chrome, go in settings and keep scrolling down, click advanced and keep scrolling down again to the bottom where is says "Clean up computer" and try to run it and see if it catches anything. Also, make sure you don't have installed anything suspicious in your browser, check extensions and check site settings and security section too in Chrome settings.

rustedmetal

Reputable
Sep 30, 2018
It says attack attempt came from your Google Chrome. Google Chrome has it's own virus scanner inside, I would try to run that too. Open Chrome, go in settings and keep scrolling down, click advanced and keep scrolling down again to the bottom where is says "Clean up computer" and try to run it and see if it catches anything. Also, make sure you don't have installed anything suspicious in your browser, check extensions and check site settings and security section too in Chrome settings.
I deleted the ISO software and it seemed to have stopped. I ran the chrome clean-up and it didn't find anything.