Question Invalid Partition Table (WIN10) need help please.

Nov 3, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hey so i was installing ram and accidentally pulled out the harddrive while it was booting up. Its old computer latitude Dell e6530. It wont boot into windows it goes to black screen that says Invalid Partition Table. So i tried using disk genius and put a winPE boot on this USB stick. It said something like UEFI supported when it was done...
Anyways I try to boot into that using f12 and then under Legacy I chose USB. It booted into this but the option for Rebuild MBR is greyed out. So right now I'm doing the error check from WINPE Disk Genius and its running right now. Any help would be appreciated.
Ok so the HD is showing as GPT not MBR. Dont know if that helps.
I think i corrupted the HD when it fell out because i didnt screw it all in before running it.

I finally was able to find the BIOS admin password and I set the date correctly.
When I boot into that USB winPE through diskgenius, there is an option for CMD prompt. IDK if theres a cmd there to repair the drive or not.
I can see the drive in BIOS and when booted in winPE and I can see all my files still on the drive.
I just would like to have windows back. I don't care about the files to be honest I can get all that back.
I just use editing programs and just put in 16gb of ram from the 4gb that was in it.
Really stuck here and don't know what i should do.
thanks for the help in advance!

Nov 3, 2022
Also if I cant get this working. I have a 8gb usb stick. What OS would fit on there for now?
I probably couldnt do any editing off that stick though could I?
I have an external HD but its an old one (non Solid State)

Nov 3, 2022
Hey so i was installing ram and accidentally pulled out the harddrive while it was booting up. Its old computer latitude Dell e6530. It wont boot into windows it goes to black screen that says Invalid Partition Table. So i tried using disk genius and put a winPE boot on this USB stick. It said something like UEFI supported when it was done...
Anyways I try to boot into that using f12 and then under Legacy I chose USB. It booted into this but the option for Rebuild MBR is greyed out. So right now I'm doing the error check from WINPE Disk Genius and its running right now. Any help would be appreciated.
Ok so the HD is showing as GPT not MBR. Dont know if that helps.
I think i corrupted the HD when it fell out because i didnt screw it all in before running it.

I finally was able to find the BIOS admin password and I set the date correctly.
When I boot into that USB winPE through diskgenius, there is an option for CMD prompt. IDK if theres a cmd there to repair the drive or not.
I can see the drive in BIOS and when booted in winPE and I can see all my files still on the drive.
I just would like to have windows back. I don't care about the files to be honest I can get all that back.
I just use editing programs and just put in 16gb of ram from the 4gb that was in it.
Really stuck here and don't know what i should do.
thanks for the help in advance!

Nov 3, 2022
I have 8gb usb stick and external hard drive that's a non Solid state one.
If I'm unable to get windows back. What is a decent OS that would work on one of these?
I've read today that Linux has an editing program so that would work but I doubt I could edit from a 8gb usb stick you know? I can't believe I did this... I thought the ram was the problem at first because it wouldnt boot. But then I realized it wasn't seated properly, so I stuck it in further and it started but the HD fell out halfway because i didn't screw it all down first before turning it on. I just hope I can get windows back so I can test out the new RAM.

Nov 3, 2022
when i try to go to that winows 10 media link both my browsers are blocking it. Sorry any idea on how to get through? I'm using opera or chrome. Both keep blocking websites on this computer because of certificate issues i think. On opera its saying "Your connection is not private." NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Nov 3, 2022
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

stick to one thread
Ok so I got it to work without reinstalling anything. I went into BIOS and changed boot mode to UEFI from the Legacy that it was on. I tried it secure boot at first and it got stuck at the Dell logo. Anyways it booted up and is now on home screen BUT it took about 6-7 minutes to load. And it seems like everything is very slow now. This is with the new 16bg of ram in it.
You think that maybe the ram is wrong? It shouldnt have worked if the ram wasnt correct right? Something isnt right and Im not sure if its the HD or the ram. Or maybe it was supposed to be in Legacy Mode.

Nov 3, 2022
After the extremely slow boot. It is showing that I have 16gb of ram which is good and it seems like things are opening quicker. So I'm hoping that it was natural since both sticks are new.