Invalid user name when trying to message.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Why would I get the message "Invalid" next to the username of the person I'm trying to message.

They have an envelope icon on their post so I assume that means they accept PM's and when I click on their name (on the post) it doesn't say anything about them being banned or anything.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/59827-3-remanufactured-toner-cartridges-worth#10801864 Last post "Blaire Nadal" The "invalid" appears after I hit send.

I was just going to let her know that unless she had some personal involvement in the ink supply store she was recommending the option I linked to was possibly a better, 50% cheaper choice with what appears to be the same ink carts.

I was doing that in a PM because: 1.) I had already posted my choice once. 2.) I don't want to be seen to have a personal interest in any product or merchant because, I don't. 3.) IMO Pushing too hard for any product or merchant can ruin your credibility with the person(s) you are trying to help.

Although since my first post in this thread, I did a quick Google of her name and it appears that "Blaire Nadal" does indeed have a professional relationship with "Laser Tek Services". Exactly how or if they are related to the merchant she was linking to is unclear but, since both company's are similar in that they both provide toner ink I would imagine there is one.

While I'm not nuts about merchants coming to tom's to hawk their wares in the forums, her post was constructive and not solely about that regardless of intent, so I'm not sure if she's breaking any rules.

Besides, the "Blaire Nadal" with the relation to "Laser Tek Services" that the Google search unearthed appears to be kind of cute. Tom's rules do have a "cute exemption" don't they? :lol:

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Idonno,

Interesting... Either way, that person is a spammer and I removed all of her postings... However, you do bring up the issue of the bug. I wonder if its because there is a space in the username. I will report this.

Thank you!
Justin

TRENDING THREADS