Invention for Thermal Paste Application

Do you think our invention is justifiable, and would you use it?

• Yes, the idea is justifiable, and I would use it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the idea is not justifiable and not a practical solution.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

ChickensX

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
Our idea/invention is a small device that is placed over the CPU that has a method to place a certain amount of thermal paste onto the CPU, then using a wrench like application will flatten the paste onto the CPU perfectly flat so that there would be no air bubbles.

This would solve the problem of applying thermal paste onto the CPU that some people have.

We are making this for a engineering class in high school and would like suggestions or ideas that could help us justify what we are building or help us with our idea.

You mean like screwing down the heatsink? That's basically been done, or what we call "prior art". If you mean a device that is put in and then removed, you will have problems removing the device without taking the paste with it.

oh, and you know that any discussion of something before it's patented can lead to patent invalidation, right? If you now try to patent that device and I wish to contest your patent I can point to this discussion as "prior art" and get your patent invalidated.

I learned that the hard way a long time back in software patents. :)

You can't go around discussing your idea with all and sundry - loose lips sink patents. Ask your teacher to teach you about that part.