[SOLVED] Inverted Motherboard

Jan 15, 2021
I have a HP 703596-001 Motherboard Socket FM2 and it is upside down in the case so it doesn't fit. I need help in finding a case that will fit this motherboard. It's similar to an Inverted ATX Case but the GPU is on the bottom.

Last edited:
Solution
that is called a btx motherboard. they have not made those in a long time so you are going to have a lot of trouble finding a case for it.

it actually mounts on the opposite side of the case than an atx board. that is why it looks "upside down".looking at the front of the case it would mount to the left side and not the right side of the case.

so you need to be looking for a "btx case"

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
that is called a btx motherboard. they have not made those in a long time so you are going to have a lot of trouble finding a case for it.

it actually mounts on the opposite side of the case than an atx board. that is why it looks "upside down".looking at the front of the case it would mount to the left side and not the right side of the case.

Reactions: BattleMaster
Solution
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks for your help

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no problem. they were mostly made for pre-builts, so it's no unusual for someone to find one and have no clue what it is. a lot of the early dell xps models had these. so a case for an xps 400/420 and similar models would work.

might give you are place to start looking anyway. i have an xps 420 in the house but it's still being used so can't help you there :)

TRENDING THREADS