Question Invest on a better MB, RAM & CPU or NEW GPU?

Dec 8, 2020
Hey guys what do you think i should invest on my pc?

A new RTX 3070, or it is best to get a new cpu + MB + Newer RAM Sticks (ddr4) before i buy a new graphics card?

Curent Specs:
CPU - Intel Core i5 4670K 3.4GHz
GPU - Nvidia GTX 980ti 6gb Vram
RAM - 16GB Dual Channel DDR3
MOTHERBOARD - Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark I
COOLING - WaterColler Water 2.0
PSU - Ts XfX 750w Bronze 80
STORAGE - 1 T + 1TB HDD RAID0 + SSD 240GB

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
@DookNookPanic

DDR5 will comes in early 2022. So don't update ram, mobo, cpu.
get a graphics card, your psu is enough. stay bottlenecked until ddr5 arrives.

Lisa Su will give a keynote on January 12 about future of AMD. and you're intel guy. Come on watercooler intel guy? why

buy a Nook, it's an e-reader with night light. read until ddr5 comes. Read biography of Lincoln, he made a boat by his hands and sold corn and pork meat sailing across the river.
Lisa Su immigrated from Taiwan when she was 3, she went to MIT, got interested in semiconductors and is now CEO of AMD. She'll talk on Jan 12 before Biden's inauguration. you can wait for ddr5, I know you can do it. Buy another SSD. it doesn't hurt having two of them, one for windows one for games. Makes transfers blazing fast. If you can't use it with your mobo, put the second one in your laptop. make sure your next mobo has 2 m.2 nvme 2280 slots.

Dec 8, 2020
yeah, in this mean time that i didnt was your coment i actually bought a new 1080ti since i found a great price and im getting some issues beacause of cpu limitations i even posted a new tread asking ( if you could check it out i would really apreeciate thanks in advance)

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
Reactions: DookNookPanic