InWin Officially Launches $800 Glass Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

wysir

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
It looks nice, and I'm quite impressed by the design. However, I question the durability and the warranty. Nerds tend to be a bit clumsy and would likely break / scratch this case really fast. It would more likely be used as a case for a relic PC that is built once and never touched again.

therogerwilco

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
No EATX or Server boards? For 800 it better support EVERYTHING. Though the local Apple guy really wants this, of course because it's "pretty". (figures)

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Looks very nice, but I imagine that with all that light bouncing back in, plus the relatively limited spots for fan placement, it almost has to be water cooled or only low thermal components. I would say it'd be fun to experiment with, but at $800 I'm not so sure you'd want to experiment with that too much.

realibrad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
If it is tempered glass, then you will have to be super careful hitting the edge of the case. Scratching the case will not be an issue, as glass is very very hard to scratch.

This does have an amazing look. The price might push some away, but a case like this wont be bought by people looking for a great deal. Same reason why people by sports cars, and drive them around the city at 45mph, its all for the looks.

thecouchguy

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
I'd like a version that could support a 4 and 3 rad dual loop system. Could do some amazing looking builds. I seem to move house once a year but if I settle then I'd love something like this. I would want it to be a big ass case though so I could put a few different builds in it as the years go on.

Nice case... expensive, but it's a nice concept and looks sweet

now, WHY only 1 intake and 3 exhaust fans??? I can't imagine a glass case being very well sealed. without positive pressure airflow, it's going to suck up dust from every crevice, then you get to show it all off when you power on the rig and it becomes transparent... Horrible design decision to not include filtered bottom intake fans

Shadz

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
I could see this being used as a really great HTPC in the living room... build it once with low thermal equipment... and you have a great way of "hiding" your HTPC in plain sight!

jdrewrd

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Such a nice case, but such an ugly graphic on it. Isn't the whole point of such a thing that it should 'disappear' leaving only visible the internal components?

timerwin63

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

One way mirrors. Ever see a movie with an interrogation? The mirror in the interrogation room stops being a mirror when the light behind it is turned on.

stic

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Oh, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.