[SOLVED] IO Bit Software - should I unistall?

daddystabz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I have a suite of IO Bit software on my Win 10 PC that I've had for years but I'm wondering if I should just delete them all off my computer? I've heard some rumors about IO Bit. I've bought subscriptions for them in the past but they always seem to expire quicker than I expect and it is always flashing ads to upgrade to the newest versions, which is annoying. I also suspect they might be slowing my system a tad.

I currently have installed:

Advanced System Care
Boost Into Gaming Mode
Malware Fighter
Software Updater
Uninstaller
Protected Folder
Smart Defrag 7
Smart Game Booster

I also have the iTop Screen Recorder, which I think might be by IO Bit as well.

Solution
Does software updater update drivers? as ralston said, 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong and install wrong drivers.

You probably don't need any of them. Most of the services they offer is built into windows now.
I couldn't find any reviews of Smart Game Booster from anyone I would trust.
Protected folder? Windows already has protected folders. Defender already stops changes to some files.
Advanced System Care - cleans PC... windows storage sense does the same thing.

All these sort of apps are relics of a time windows didn't look after itself. Drivers are about only place left for them now. Its why more comanies making driver updaters, its one of the last cracks.

Stop paying iobit.. Amazing Norton haven't bought them yet.
I have a suite of IO Bit software on my Win 10 PC that I've had for years but I'm wondering if I should just delete them all off my computer? I've heard some rumors about IO Bit. I've bought subscriptions for them in the past but they always seem to expire quicker than I expect and it is always flashing ads to upgrade to the newest versions, which is annoying. I also suspect they might be slowing my system a tad.

I currently have installed:

Advanced System Care
Boost Into Gaming Mode
Malware Fighter
Software Updater
Uninstaller
Protected Folder
Smart Defrag 7
Smart Game Booster

I also have the iTop Screen Recorder, which I think might be by IO Bit as well.
Do you use any of that stuff?

Ralston18

Titan
I would uninstall all of them.

Windows Defender/Security is more than sufficient these days. And it is part of the OS and free.

Maybe have Malwarebytes available for occasional double checks if something suspicious happens.

Avoid using third party tools or utilities to install and/or upgrade software and drivers. Do such things manually so you control the download, installation, and configuration.

Exceptions being known software that you regularly use and trust.

Take a look in Task Manager > Startup. Likely quite a number of apps etc. being launched and most probably not truly useful or helpful.

Just be sure to verify what any startup listing actually is. Do not start just randomly disabling and installing apps that you find.

Be sure that any software now installed or being considered for future installation meets some requirement that you have and has a measurable, tangible benefit.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Does software updater update drivers? as ralston said, 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong and install wrong drivers.

You probably don't need any of them. Most of the services they offer is built into windows now.
I couldn't find any reviews of Smart Game Booster from anyone I would trust.
Protected folder? Windows already has protected folders. Defender already stops changes to some files.
Advanced System Care - cleans PC... windows storage sense does the same thing.

All these sort of apps are relics of a time windows didn't look after itself. Drivers are about only place left for them now. Its why more comanies making driver updaters, its one of the last cracks.

Stop paying iobit.. Amazing Norton haven't bought them yet.

Solution