IO shield installed on the wrong side

Solution

If it is secured then you got nothing to worry about. That's a custom mod :D

kanewolf

Titan
Since it stays in place by wedging itself between the motherboard and case, if you pressed it in, on the outside of the case, it will fall out and none of your ports will line up. Since that is the first thing you do with a case, you should correct it before going any further in assembly.

If you install the IO shield on the outside of the case it just might fall off.
If it does, dust and bugs will have unrestricted access to the case.
If you already finished your build and you don't want to remove anything, secure it with hot glue.

Nov 4, 2018
I put it on the wrong side as I was installing the mobo, somehow all the ports lined up, only thing that it sticks are the wifi screws. Wifi screws are also the reason it holds in place so firmly that I cant pull it out. Wifi screw holes also presses against the bottom of the screws themselves. IO shield is a little bit lifted but not so that I cant plug usbs or anyother things. (Sorry my english)

Nov 4, 2018
I already ready finished the build and I dont think I know how to take the noctua cooler, nhd15, off proberly hence my friend installed it. Also do I then need to clean the CPU From the therml paste?

you can leave it the way it is, but you just wont have access to the blocked ports. no repercussions otherwise.

by the way you can probably take the board out without removing the cooler. a lot of people install their cooler before dropping the board into the case.

If it is secured then you got nothing to worry about. That's a custom mod :D

Solution