y2khines

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Not sure if anyone has heard of this or used this or not, but I just bought one. This is without a doubt the best external HD enclosure I've ever owned. For $75, it's a bit steep for an external HD enclosure (considering you still have to purchase/install a HD), but it does so much more.

It allows you to mount .iso files on the fly – you power up, use the scroll switch to select your .iso file, press the mount button, and viola.. your .iso is mounted as a virtual CDROM. I’ve tried it with Ubuntu, Win7, WinXP, BartPE and they all boot fine also. If mounting while the OS is already running, your .iso will mount and you’ll see your virtual CDROM and your external HD… so not only does it mount your .iso, it acts as a standard external HD at the same time.

Anyway, I’d like to see TH review this device to see what they have to say about it. Their US site is www.iodd-usa.com.

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I know this is a pretty old post. I found it while goggling for reviews. I've been using the older one for several years now (it can also mount floppy .img btw).. But now I got the newer version which is distributed by Zalman with USB 3.0 support, but no eSATA. I'm getting 100MB/s read and 70MB/s write with Vertex 2 90GB SSD. I had to update the enclosure firmware and SSD firmware to get everything working.