iOS 9 Packed With Many New Security Features, Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
What about battery life? How much space on the internal SSD does it take after the upgrade is all said and done? 1.3GB for IOS 9 versus 4.58G for IOS 8, oh sure.

Baumy15

Reputable
May 12, 2014
it has a low power mode which for my power hungry iphone 5 is great i can easily get through a whole day without using more than 60%.
i only noticed 1.7GB dissapear after i installed the beta (9.1) and experience very few issues. i recon apple made IOS 9 almost flawlessly apart from a few lag bugs

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
So I downloaded the update from 8.4.1. to 9.0, it said it was a 1GB download (8.2 to 8.4.1 was a 340MB update).
Before update and before downloading the update, I had 9.4GB free. After the update completed, 9.6GB but then it dropped to 9.0GB and now it's at 9.1GB. Not sure if it is mellowed out now but that's seems very nice. Will update if it sways much more.

marcelleh

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015
You've said "The VPN API could also allow for the existence of Tor on iOS"...

There are already many TOR enabled browsers on the IOS App Store. While these are not supported by the TOR project, they do include copies of the TOR source code.

One example is Safe Browser Secure which is a free IOS/IPhone/IPad browser that has a very stable TOR implementation to allow you to browse normal web sites anonymously and access .onion sites. It supports TOR bridges, and is the only iOS TOR browser to support pluggable transports (https://www.torproject.org/docs/pluggable-transports.html.en) (obfs2, obfs3 and ScrambleSuit), crucial if your government or ISP blocks TOR, like the Great Firewall of China.

Status
Not open for further replies.