dick

Interesting read, but please explane to a newbe how to obtain my computer's
ip address.

From a command prompt;
ipconfig /all

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Dick wrote:
> Interesting read, but please explane to a newbe how to obtain my
> computer's ip address.

Hi - you haven't replied in an existing thread, or quoted the original
message, so it's unlikely anyone knows what you refer to.

If you want to find out your computer's local IP address, open a command
prompt (start | run | cmd <enter>) and type ipconfig <enter> or ipconfig
/all <enter>

If you're talking about your public IP addres on the Internet, and you're
behind a NAT router device, try www.whatismyip.com