iPad 2 Gets the Teardown Treatment from iFixit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]Before the ipad there were other tablets going back to the win 9x era that had features that ipad doesn't such as usb and being able to be upgraded for longer life. My personal favorites were the compaq tc1100 and the fujitsu tablets. They still offer more than the ipad does even in their age.[/citation]

The Compaq TC1100 is a piece of junk. 2.5hr battery life if you're lucky and a screen that wasn't very responsive. Oh, and it weighed 3.1lbs sans keyboard and 4lbs with keyboard. Who'd want to carry that pig around? And you need to use a pen with the tablet as well. It came with Windows XP Tablet Edition which also sucks (we had tablets at work with XP Tablet and it was horrible to use and slow).

Anyone who's ever used a tablet PC with XP knows it's complete garbage next to an iPad. Anyone who says different is an outright liar, or has never actually tried them both.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Zagato Zee[/nom]So, let me get this right - My Compaq/HP Tc1100 made in 2003 still out performs an iPad (cpu/ram/hdd), runs windows7 and therefore all associated applications (can also be 'hackintoshed' for those against Win OS's), has a removable keyboard, USB ports and the ability to attach an external monitor - and can be bought now for about $50.I love the concept of an iPad style device, but Ill settle still for the pen in place of a multitouch display, until someone releases a tablet worthy of my upgrade dollars.[/citation]

Understandable.. And probably correct.. However.. An iPad is not the same as a laptop, nor was it designed to replace a laptop. The rediculous idea that an iPad is a laptop replacement needs to die, and should have died long ago. They are two completely different platforms, designed for two different general tasks, but just so happen be similiar in that they are both mobile platforms.

And as for the battery replacement/upgrade comment.. I'm assuming your just referring to the fact that you can replace the laptop battery.. a feature the iPad doesn't have, and that your not saying your laptop has better life than an iPad. lol. For the tablet part of your comment.. Can't really say too much.. But from the ones I have played with over the years.. They offer more in a general sense.. but are severely lackluster in the areas the iPad shines in.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
And they could care less what you think.. While they are enjoying their purchase(which, technically, is all that should matter.) ;P

Haters gonna hate. :)

G

Wholesale China Jordans and cheap jordan shoes , Air jordan 1 and retro jordan shoes ect, best wholesale jordans website. buy cheap jordan shoes online.There are thousands of Air Jordan Shoes on sale on our website. You will enjoy our cheap Air Jordans Shoes.Retail all air jordan shoes,cheap air jordan shoes,Cheap Jordans at the cheap price.we also offer new air jordan shoes,cheap bape shoes,air max shoes.Shop The Authentic Michael Jordan Shoes 2011, Discount Michael Nike Air Jordan At US Jordan Shoes Online, All Cheap Jordan Shoes Sold With Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.