iPad 4 Announcement Angers 45 Percent of Consumers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]The problem is most people in the Android world LIKE their phone and if something comes out a few months later with slightly better hardware they STILL like their phone. Granted they had a choice to get the features they want when they bought it, unlike apple. Apple. heck I just don't get. Why would you care if a minor update came out? worse why would you buy it? oh right. it's only a status thing so you can say you have it. But then... It makes sense for apple. Some will buy every 6 months. Some will gripe and buy every yearBut then WHY ON EARTH would you get an iPad "mini" when you have an iPad....[/citation]

Why would you by a Nexus 7 when you have a Samsung phone with a 6 inch screen, or why would you buy a Nexus 10 if you just bought a Nexus 7. Carrying around a 7 inch is better on occasion than carrying a 10 inch tablet. Many people will buy for their kids. I'll bet Plenty of folks will buy the Nexus 10 and hand down the Nexus 7 to kids or other family members.

maddad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
If you buy a new computer today, it could be outdated tomorrow. That's just how fast technology moves. If you were happy with your purchase before, and you're not happy now; go buy a Nexus 10 and then wait a few days and be unsatisfied because Samsung or Asus came out with something better. Or maybe just grow up a bit. And if you could care S!@# about Apple or their products stop reading the stories about them. Of course Toms prints lots of Apple updates, you keep reading them and commenting!

G

@techcurious

The problem comes not from the advancement of technology but the obsoletion of the current device you have, because Apple products have limited variation they are heavily dependent upon hardware trade ups, to encourage this activity Apple tends to roll into their os updates dependencies on newer hardware platforms

An update to a device in the sane year means a faster road to obsoletion

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009

you completely missed my point. it's not that i don't think apple should release new ipads, it's their tactic in this particular situation is questionable. the last ipad came out less than a year ago and they're already planning upgrades for the ipad4 in a few months. it doesn't make any sense to rush release what is essentially a gimped product instead of just waiting those few extra months to release the better version. besides, they're releasing the ipad mini right now anyway....how many different ipads do they need to release in the span of a year? too many versions of the same thing gets confusing and annoying. read the steve jobs book.....when jobs came back to apple in the 90's he cut out all the diff versions of the apple computer and focused on one good product at a time. now that jobs is gone, apple is getting messy again. and the fact that they're rush releasing a lesser version of the ipad4 at the same time msft is releasing surface looks desperate.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
they are angry, because it was only the ipad4. They hoped it was ipad7 by then, as they still have $1500 of available credit to use on their credit cards.

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009

not yet, they still have the ipad mini2, the ipad mini2S, the ipad 4S, the iphone 5gs, the iphone 5mini, the iphone 5maxi, the ipod touch 5g, apple tv 3S and the ipod shuffle classic in the pipeline before they get to the ipad 7. but they're already planning on releasing the ipad 7 again with some upgrades a few months after.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]Uberragen21[/nom]As much as I despise anything CrApple makes, my girlfriend's iPad 3 screen is down right impressive. I steal it to read news and Tom's articles in bed. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on another tablet with high resolution in the future, but I'll wait until Android hardware and software has improved some. I'm in no rush...[/citation]

Nexus10 (Out soon) asus transformer infinity (Out now) doing research helps

G

That is the very reason why I NEVER buy anything on Day 1 of it's availability...Why couldn't apple simply put the new chip and facetime hd in the ipad that came out earlier this year?? I've owned an ipad 2 since December of last year but I won't upgrade until next year. Why upgrade every year? I watch my plasma more than any other electronic device I own but you don't see me upgrading my tv every year:(

afro_ninja

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
This forum is absolutely feral. What is wrong with this guy doing his job? who cares if he posts a lot of news on apple, it is still news that relates. If you don't agree don't visit the page. Maybe you come on these topics just to rip into the guy or maybe you come here to read the news and then rip into him, honestly i don't know why you would bother with either? Every time i read this shit it puts me off coming here....the thought that i share common interests with you morons. The 12 year old behaviour in these forums is the sole reason why i hardly visit this site anymore. IMO the comments section on Tom's has way more trolls then Youtube....it is absolute filth the shit people right. Get your negative shit out of my face, it's getting old.

*i actually went to the effort of logging on here for the first time in like 2 years just to get that off my chest*

afro_ninja

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
This forum is absolutely feral. What is wrong with this guy doing his job? who cares if he posts a lot of news on apple, it is still news that relates. Do you come on these topics just to rip into the guy or do you come here to read the news and then rip into him, honestly i don't know why you would bother with either? Every time i read this shit it puts me off coming here....the thought that i share common interests with you morons. The 12 year old behaviour in these forums is the sole reason why i hardly visit this site anymore. IMO the comments section on Tom's has way more trolls then Youtube....it is absolute filth the shit people right. Get a life people.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Not an Apple fan by any means, but buy a $500 Graphics card for a PC and 6 month later it is outdated and sells for much less than you paid for.
That's Electronics for you; not just an Apple problem actually.

halogen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
apple buyers have the same mindset like women buying shoes, they make me special ,desired ,envy everywhere then wont be surprised if male apple fans are gay

tmshdw

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]audiophillia[/nom]I have a feeling that the 45% of consumer who are mad are in this comment section right now.[/citation]

Nah, its the standard "i hate apple" crowd who have not a thing better to do.

Junoh315

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
[citation][nom]techcurious[/nom]Didn't see your post before I posted mine.. but yes, Exactly!We do not need to have the latest product to have what we need. It is only greed and petty competitiveness (with friends and peers) that drives most of these upgraders! I still happily use my first generation iPod Nano. It's battery is still perfectly fine and it plays music. What more could I want from my iPod that only the latest can provide? Absolutely nothing.[/citation]

I don't see why anyone even needs any iPad in the first place. I don't have any Apple products newer than 10 years old. (I may have thrown away my old Apple PC so I may not have any)

Not only is 16GB storage space horrible in a 400 USD Tablet PC but the fact that Apple hasn't fixed a ton of bugs before announcing their newest iPad is just horrible. I wonder what people think before they buy things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts