Apr 27, 2020
Hi group.
My brother gave me his IpadAir and i recently deleted some apps he downloaded. I went to the settings and it says now 12.9GB out of 16GB and it says that the system is 6.48GB. So what exactly is occupying all that space on the Ipad?? I checked all the apps and none of them is more than 754MBs including content. It doesn't make any sense.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there an app that can locate what´s occupying so much space? It says "Other" on my Ipad and it occupyes more than half of the hard drive and it is more than all the apps together. This is really weird.

Please let me know if you have a solution....I really don't know what to do this Apple Ipad Air gives me so many problems all the time it's not even funny anymore.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
If you don't have anything that you need on your iPad that you need/want to save. Follow these instructions. If you do have something you wanna keep, do an iCloud backup. After that, do this. Go into settings and go to your iCloud settings, (the top setting that should say your name). Scroll down until you see "Find My iPad", and click on it. It will ask you for your Apple ID which you'll need to put in to turn it off. Then, go to settings and go to "General". Scroll down until you see "Reset". Click on it. Then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". Press "Erase". You'll have to put in your password and then press "Erase" twice. When it is done, you'll be greeted with the "Hello" screen. Go through the process and eventually you will see a backup page. Choose your backup and do so as prompted. If this doesn't work/help... please reply to this message.

Apr 27, 2020
If you don't have anything that you need on your iPad that you need/want to save. Follow these instructions. If you do have something you wanna keep, do an iCloud backup. After that, do this. Go into settings and go to your iCloud settings, (the top setting that should say your name). Scroll down until you see "Find My iPad", and click on it. It will ask you for your Apple ID which you'll need to put in to turn it off. Then, go to settings and go to "General". Scroll down until you see "Reset". Click on it. Then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". Press "Erase". You'll have to put in your password and then press "Erase" twice. When it is done, you'll be greeted with the "Hello" screen. Go through the process and eventually you will see a backup page. Choose your backup and do so as prompted. If this doesn't work/help... please reply to this message.

Well once i use some apps the Other storage is there again even after i have done a reset...

Apr 27, 2020
Deezer, Audiomack, Books, Kindle, Magic tiles 3, Facebook, Gmail, Messages, Snapchat, Youtube, Slack, Google Maps, ILiveWallpapers, Instagram, Twitter, Jamendo Music, Chat, Chrome, Reddit, Mimo, Idealista, ATLANTICO, Messenger, Netflix, Apple Store, Meows, Podcasts, iTunes U, Dropshare, Music, Clean Doctor, Chess, Tubizu, Safari, Bible, Photos, Adobe Acrobat, SSG3, Contacts, WhatsApp, Firefox, Videos, Calendar, Audible, Skype, Files, Rider, Notes, Stocks, Maps, News, Mail, Duolingo, HelloChinese, Dropbox, SoloLearn, iTunes Store, Reminders, Voice Memos, Shazam, Find Friends, Tips, .app, Google Keep, Balls Race, My EE, Memrise, Sky Ball, Temple Run2, FaceTime, Citymapper, Booking.com, Home, Homes, Google Calendar, Alice, L'Obs, Hangouts, BBC News, Dunk Line, Word Cookies, BBC iPlayer, eBay, SwiftKey, TAP Portugal, Telegram, Time Surfer, Feedly, MiniKeePass, CheckMyTrip, Kik, Bedtime Story, Bluefire Reader, ChessKid, Trainline EU, NSC, mytaxi, SoundCloud, Super Adventure Run, iAngola, Kids Coloring Book, slither.io, Overcast, Dunk Shot, Voice Recorder, Scanner, Violin Tuner, Aprende Python, Photo Booth, Scanner, Carris, GifMill, MyTaxi, Talkatone.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Ok... So I recommend you make sure you don't have a bunch of messages that you don't need because old conversations always go into to the "Other" category. Also, if you use Chrome or Safari a lot, delete your search history once in a while-Safari takes up a lot of space when it comes to saving your search history. Also if you have a lot of music or videos/movies/TV shows downloaded, that takes up most of that space. Hope this helps. If not... please reply to this message.

Apr 27, 2020
It does help. For the music and movies, i have it under control...I mean it would show up on the apps and I checked it already.....I'm not sure what it is maybe something my brother downloaded I'll have to check all the apps that require log in and saving info maybe it will help.....maybe it wont.....idk.
All i know is that after doing the reset of the Ipad I imediately got the Other storage after using 2 or 3 apps.

Apr 27, 2020
I went to Google Chrome and deleted months worth of history and other things and it didn't change much, just got rid of a few MBs or KBs....

Apr 27, 2020
Hey, i'm about to reset the Ipad a second time and I just want to make sure I did the right thing. Do you know how to backup an Ipad? So I can get everything back after resetting the Ipad...

I pressed something but not sure it is the right place.

RamBoy_69

Prominent
Apr 17, 2020
Go into your iPad's settings. At the very top it should say your name, press it. Select iCloud and then scroll down until you see "iCloud Backup" and click on it. Select "Back Up Now" and wait until its done. After it is finished, go back to the very first page that you saw when you opened settings. Click on "General". Scroll down until you see "Reset", click on it. The second option should say "Erase All Content and Settings", press on it, and then click erase.

Reactions: fegsdc
Apr 27, 2020
The Other storage is still there after backing up and loading it this time 9.3GBs (With apps included) out of 16GBs so im erasing everything from zero and downloading 1 app at a time and see if the Other storage pops up and when it does, and see which apps are causing it....

Apr 27, 2020
Ok, i resetted it a 3rd time and found out that the Other storage already comes with the Ipad even without loading a back up, just by resetting it and erasing everything. Now it is 4.8GBs out of 16GBs, without anything installed on it by me.

TRENDING THREADS