Ipad constantly shutting off

Sandrokun

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Hello everyone, I've posted here before and I've always gotten good help, so I'm hoping you guys can deliver again as I feel as if though I'm beating my head up against a wall on this one. So I work at a local repair shop, and one of my customers brought in an ipad that was shutting itself off at almost full battery and wouldn't come back up until the charger was plugged back in. Now we did notice that the battery percentage dropped pretty quickly when it would shut down and it would be much lower upon plugging it back in, this led me to believe that the battery itself was faulty, so we replaced it and it worked fine for about half a day, then it started shutting off again. I've replaced the battery once more since then trying to rule out a defective battery and the issue still persists.

I have noticed now that if I leave it alone and don't use it it will stay on and remain charged liked it should, but upon starting to use the ipad it shuts off within moments and will need to be plugged back in before it allows use again. I've considered doing a backup and restore on the ipad through itunes, however I'm apprehensive to do so if it would likely shut off during the backup and/or restore which might corrupt the data on it. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause one of these to act up like that or had this same problem?