iPad for college

Kristofer_2

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015
Would it be okay to use an iPad with apps like One Note and such for notes (obviously), throughout my pre-med courses (4-year degree) instead of say a MacBook Pro? Or other form of laptop? Looking for any advice! Thanks!

(Also keep in mind, I would purchase the smart keyboard for it as well as the Apple Pencil

Solution
Hi Kris,
What your budget? I would personally recommend the Surface Pro as I use during school and it lasts me like the whole day. it's easy to take notes as well as running all major programs.
An iPad is still a mobile OS, it is not designed for the work you need to do in college.
Even in your pre-med courses you are likely going to run into hurdles that the iPad just wont be able to do.
Minus the larger screen the ability of an iPad would be that of an iPhone.

My suggestion would be to get a cheaper laptop for pre-med and after those 4 years when you would need to upgrade anyways, then get one with the horsepower you will need.

Kristofer_2

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015

Hey there,

Thank you very much, I am very appreciative. I will continue to look for some new laptops, in that case. Do feel free to throw some suggestions out there, I am not really a fan of Chromebooks, but if it comes down to it, I will suffer. I would prefer Mac OS or Windows, but my budget can only support so much as I enter college. Do you have any recommendations? I can't exactly take my custom-built desktop into the classroom with me! LOL!

Thanks,
~Kris

noyaus

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
Hi Kris,
What your budget? I would personally recommend the Surface Pro as I use during school and it lasts me like the whole day. it's easy to take notes as well as running all major programs.

Solution

Kristofer_2

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015

Thank you very much.