IPad Mini Broken Screen?

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
So I have replaced a few IPad digitisers in the past. This Was my first IPad Mini.

I followed IFixit's tutorial and it all went fine however when I put it back together the screen is like this.
I have not hit or damaged the screen in anyway. It has been kept in bubble wrap. the screen was working fine before. The digitiser was broke before.

I believe part of the logic board may have been damaged but from inspection there are NO parts that were ever previously there.

Can someone please help me fix this?

UID6f2T.jpg

Solution
Looks like heat damage to me, the LCD is separating because of it, you don't get that kind of pattern from pry damage just over heat. I've done about 1000 phone and Tablet LCD replacements over the years so I've have seen and done just about everything you can imagine.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Looks like heat damage to me, the LCD is separating because of it, you don't get that kind of pattern from pry damage just over heat. I've done about 1000 phone and Tablet LCD replacements over the years so I've have seen and done just about everything you can imagine.

Solution

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the board again and saw that 2 of the 3 screw mounts have broke/snapped off. No idea why as they had only been screwed in lightly. Could this effect the screen?

Nt8mmag.jpg

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
No that just gives the board some flex room and if it's a bit warped would push up on the back of the LCD but that won't damage it. Use a iOpener of a hair dryer on these and only stay in the same spot for a few seconds at a time, you will never deal with heat damage again.

LightningsalesUK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013

I have ordered a LCD Screen and it should be here soon, I really hope it was the screen and not the logic board.