iPad Mini Expected to Sell Nearly 1.5 Million This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernerdforlife

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
There you have it: 1.5million Apple ponds. Now we know how many ponds can't wait for the next CrApple product to be released. Call me an Apple hater if you want but I certainly don't pay more for the same computer technology on a proprietary system.

kracker

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]While I like the in general just fine this iPad Mini thing does not excite/tempt me at all.[/citation]

Of course. iSuck's don't tempt me either.

halcyon

Splendid
Hey, at least the iPad's browser doesn't load those gosh-forsaken mobile versions of web pages like Android likes to do. Is there a cure for that in Chrome and Firefox??

ivanto

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]Hey, at least the iPad's browser doesn't load those gosh-forsaken mobile versions of web pages like Android likes to do. Is there a cure for that in Chrome and Firefox??[/citation]

Web browsing is horrible on droid tablets in comparison to iOS and Surface. I played with iPad Mini and MS surface today. Mini is as good as "maxi" while IE was pretty good and rendered most sites flawlessly. Nexus is an epic fail when browsing. JavaScript sites don't work, swipe on Wordpress sites doesn't work at all, zoom in/out and tap to focus is jerky.

Summary - Android web beowsing half baked, rushed product
Win RT - very good
iOS - very good
-IvanTO

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]ivanto[/nom]Web browsing is horrible on droid tablets in comparison to iOS and Surface. I played with iPad Mini and MS surface today. Mini is as good as "maxi" while IE was pretty good and rendered most sites flawlessly. Nexus is an epic fail when browsing. JavaScript sites don't work, swipe on Wordpress sites doesn't work at all, zoom in/out and tap to focus is jerky.Summary - Android web beowsing half baked, rushed productWin RT - very goodiOS - very good-IvanTO[/citation]

I think you're right...its very annoying.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Android Tablets displaying mobile version? You do know you can change the identity of the product so when on the Internet it masks the device as if it was a desktop and will load desktop versions, this is also doable on Android phones and has been available to even the early Android phones back in 2009.

Last I checked, iPhones don't have this option and still don't have this option.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]Android Tablets displaying mobile version? You do know you can change the identity of the product so when on the Internet it masks the device as if it was a desktop and will load desktop versions, this is also doable on Android phones and has been available to even the early Android phones back in 2009.Last I checked, iPhones don't have this option and still don't have this option.[/citation]
In my experience the settings in the browser to render the desktop sites doesn't work most of the time and I have to render the site multiple times for the desktop version of the site to render. THG is the perfect example and it happens on both my SGS3 and Transformer Infinity. Even the add-on for Firefox "Desktop by Default" doesn't work consistently. iPads don't have this issue whatsoever.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]zulutech[/nom]Guys, guys. You know there's other alternatives for browsers on the Android platform right? Firefox perhaps?[/citation]
That's what I'm talking about. Firefox, Chrome, and the native.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
There's also a setting to view desktop view, and I'm pretty sure there's a preference to change that to default in settings.

morc001

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]In my experience the settings in the browser to render the desktop sites doesn't work most of the time and I have to render the site multiple times for the desktop version of the site to render. THG is the perfect example and it happens on both my SGS3 and Transformer Infinity. Even the add-on for Firefox "Desktop by Default" doesn't work consistently. iPads don't have this issue whatsoever.[/citation]
I don't know what could be wrong with your SGS3, but mine (International version), stock ROM, version 4.0.4 renders the Tom's US website both in the native and the Chrome browser perfectly on first load. Both open the mobile site by default and there's no option in either to always load the desktop site though. I tested one Java script site and it was sluggish in Chrome, but worked, although one layer partially rendered off-screen, so I could not click on the right button on it, nor I could zoom for some reason...

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]morc001[/nom]I don't know what could be wrong with your SGS3, but mine (International version), stock ROM, version 4.0.4 renders the Tom's US website both in the native and the Chrome browser perfectly on first load. Both open the mobile site by default and there's no option in either to always load the desktop site though. I tested one Java script site and it was sluggish in Chrome, but worked, although one layer partially rendered off-screen, so I could not click on the right button on it, nor I could zoom for some reason...[/citation]
Yeah, the fact that I have the US version (neutered version) of the SGS3 shouldn't make a difference. I have 4.0.4 as well and my carrier is Sprint (shouldn't be relevant). Oh well.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]buckcm[/nom]Is it enough to turn the Apple stock around, though?[/citation]

It should rise about 10% in the next quarter do to stronger sales and earnings with the Christmas season along with Macro jitters of the elections being over. I think they're on target for close to $20 billion in profit for their next quarter, something like $55 billion in revenue. After that, its time to short AAPL. I have a whole thesis on that, don't want to get into it, too long :p

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]tacobravo[/nom]I wish people would stop trying to hype Apple stuff so it can sell more. Overpriced and I will say uncool[/citation]
One geek's uncool is a non-geek's cool. No problem in that.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]photonboy[/nom]The SOFTWARE environment is more important to me than the HARDWARE.My dad bought a RIM PLAYBOOK. It's fine for him as is which is good, because try and find any good apps for it. Seriously. Try.[/citation]
II have a Playbook as well, the software ecosystem is seriously lacking, but with the Kindle app its a fine e-reader and it actually renders web pages better than my SGS3 and Transformer Infinity...always bringing up the desktop edition of websites and never the rediculous mobile editions (I wish they'd ban those or something). It is a little underpowered but its just fine for $200.

Status
Not open for further replies.