iPad Mini Prices, Configurations Listed in Euro Retail System

Status
Not open for further replies.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
$300 for a iPad mini? Might as well buy a Nexus 7 tablet!

What a waste.

Also, Zak, please stop with the Apple articles, it's annoying.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
The Kindle Fire sold like crazy because of its $200 price point, it opened the market to 7" tablets.
The Google Nexus keeps with that $200 price point, people were willing to buy it.
The new Kindle Fire HD 7" is a beast of a tablet at $200.
The Nook 7" HD tablet is $200.
And honestly, if I'm going to use a tablet I want a 10" tablet, my sister has a Kindle and some of the icons seem a little small for me and surfing the net really isn't that hot that small, it seems like a minor upgrade from my smartphone.
But...
If you want a simple tablet just for reading, you can't beet the Nook Simple touch starts at $99 ($120 for a backlit model) with e-ink, my cousin has one and it really looks like you're reading out of a paper book. Apple is going to be pushing the iPad 7" mainly as an e-reader, but really, unless they knock e-ink out of the park and reduce the glare you can save $200 and get a better product (again, in comparison as a reader).
What Apple should be trying to do is push the iPad 7" as a "cheaper alternative to those that want more than an iPod touch but don't want to shell out for the full sized iPad."

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]$300 for a iPad mini? Might as well buy a Nexus 7 tablet!What a waste.Also, Zak, please stop with the Apple articles, it's annoying.[/citation]

Hi Zak, Please write apple articles because it's a tech site... Don't mind the sour grapes Android users that get their panties in a bunch...

xoxo

From my Nexus 7

clubsaucekiller

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]$300 for a iPad mini? Might as well buy a Nexus 7 tablet![/citation]
$200 for a Nexus tablet? Might as well buy an iPad mini!

godofdeath2012

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
$300 apple is full of Crap, as for the kindle i have no problem with kindles 7ich, i rather use that then carry around an phone like the note which i had and found just do dam big to have as an phone. All i want for christmas is the fall of all things apple.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]Hi Zak, Please write apple articles because it's a tech site... Don't mind the sour grapes Android users that get their panties in a bunch...xoxoFrom my Nexus 7[/citation]

I don't mind Apple articles, but every little news of Apple DOES NOT need an article on this site.

It took Tom's a whole day to release an article concerning the Space Jump, but a little bit of new information from an Apple product or lawsuit needs a whole new article?

It doesn't matter if the content is Apple or Android, it's the matter of the quality.

Quantity =/= quality.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
@echondo and christarp

Then why did you click on the link to read it?? You just added to the count of reads to the article which will do nothing but cause more articles to be posted. That's how this all works!

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]godofdeath2012[/nom]All i want for christmas is the fall of all things apple.[/citation]
Newton had that wish granted to him many years ago! Not sure if it was for christmas though...

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]teknic111[/nom]If Apple was smart, they would undercut everyone's price and flood the mini-tablet market with mini-iPads.[/citation]

Why would Apple undercut the price on this when they already know their customers are stupid and trained enough to pay whatever price they demand?

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]Why would Apple undercut the price on this when they already know their customers are stupid and trained enough to pay whatever price they demand?[/citation]

Because they can get a crap load more people if they sell it at a price competitive to android tablets.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]Because they can get a crap load more people if they sell it at a price competitive to android tablets.[/citation]

Apple does not have to market their product to try and attain more users. They have a very established user base of hundreds of millions of people that will buy what they offer.

Your forgetting Apple does not need to compete with anyone. If someone wants an iOS device the only place to go IS APPLE.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
As was noted in the article, these may well just be placeholders until the actual prices are revealed. They may, or may not be accurate. I guess you'd call it speculation, since you can't actually purchase one yet.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]$300 for a iPad mini? Might as well buy a Nexus 7 tablet!What a waste.Also, Zak, please stop with the Apple articles, it's annoying.[/citation]

You really don't *have* to read every article. If it's something you have no interest in, there are a lot of other things here that you may like instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.