[SOLVED] iPad screen unresponsive at random points ?

Jan 7, 2022
Hi, tomorrow will mark the 2 years of me having this iPad Air 3 but for the past 2 months its been having problems with the screen.
At some points during the day the left side of the screen will just become completely unresponsive, it can sometimes be the whole screen too.
At first I just chalked it up to being the screen being dirty or something, so I go ahead and clean it every time this issue occurs around 7-8 times on a 3-9 hour daily usage.
Ive seen repair people fixing phones and other stuff on TikTok and they use a app where it tests the screen and stuff, I wanted to know what the app is called ?
Please help me in any way if you can, thank you

Solution
There is a fairly simple and easy to use app literally called 'Touchscreen Test' LINK
The description might be due to a loose/faulty connection or the screens digitiser might be faulty, it is replaceable. The part is not overly expensive but the labour costs to do it well can be.. do check 3rd party repairers as well as Apple if you go that way... But do read independent reviews of the service and parts they use.

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
There is a fairly simple and easy to use app literally called 'Touchscreen Test' LINK
The description might be due to a loose/faulty connection or the screens digitiser might be faulty, it is replaceable. The part is not overly expensive but the labour costs to do it well can be.. do check 3rd party repairers as well as Apple if you go that way... But do read independent reviews of the service and parts they use.

Solution