Ipads, vs chromebook, vs android

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
I see there is no apple/ ipad section,
I got some advice saying Ipad was better than chromebook, or android tablet for doing khanacademy, and I guess other stuff too.

Wondering if I can get a detailed write-up about why the iPad is better, which model to get, and what benefits I'm likely to reap, or receive, over my Acer Chromebook 11.

I had an Apple Ipad air before, it was nice, -- mom got it for me for Christmas, but I was living on the street, kicked out, and gave it away cause I figured it would get broken/ stolen in my truck and thought the heat might ruin the battery. Someone was handing out roses at Walmart, and I gave it to this person. -- it was worth like $500+ dollars - how much can I find one now for?
(I dont remember what other tech devices I had back then, it might of been just a phone--but I gave it away)

Now my moms cancer has advanced, and I'd like to get another apple product to always remember her. + people here have said good things about Ipad,

I dont want to get a PC, I dont think I do anyways, -- they get wrecked easily dont they? -- Though it would be nice to play some first person shooter.. hmm -- probably should try to stay focused on getting the math done so I can move forward with my chemistry degree. (that I want to get)

So, can someone provide information into the best ipads, the best deals, (if a little more $ justifies a performance increase, its worth it -- let me know about those sort of things) I plan on using it for the khanacademy multimedia useage (open to suggestions about other useages)

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
also, can a wifi + cellular unlocked model have a sim chip inserted into it from an obama phone (cough) to make a call?

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Would this be a good idea? The ipad air is kinda sentimental to me

If I do opt to go with the Ipad AIr, and sell my chromebook acer 11,

would it be a good idea?

Is there a full sized keyboard for the ipad air, like the acer 11 chromebook? -- Before I had a kind of cramped keyboard

how much should I ask for my acer chromebook 11? $?

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
how much ram does the chromebook have?? -- what about the ipad air?

how much faster is the ipad air?

What kinda performance gain will I see from going with an ipad air?

Chromebook acer 11 is easy to type on.

thanks

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
looking to switch from an acer 11 chromebook to a apple ipad air 1, -- would this be a good idea? -- I plan on using it for school work. I used to have an apple ipad air and it was pretty nice, I ended up giving it away. long story short.

I'm wondering if it'd be a good idea to switch, I plan on using it for the khanacademy.

Is there a way to get a full sized keyboard with the ipad air 1, like how the acer 11 chromebook has a full sized keyboard? And what about a mouse?

I appreciate the time taken to get back to me, thanx!

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Also, -- Where can I get an Apple Ipad Air 1 in white? -- Do I need it to have att/sprint/tmobile connectivitiy? I dont think I'll need that. -- please please please help

Gregg101

Great
Jul 21, 2019
Currently, I have a Acer Chromebook 11. I heard that iPad makes better systems then android tablets, and Chromebooks. - I miss my old iPad Air (first generation) but I can no longer find them available in new condition.

So,

I started comparing between the iPad (7th generation) and the iPad Air (1st generation) - to my surprise, the specifications looked very similar in regards to weight, and thickness.

Are these two models very similar? If not then please state the differences.

Would it be worthwhile to upgrade from the Acer 11 Chromebook to the iPad 7th generation?

Can I get a full sized keyboard for the iPad 7th gen, that one could type well on like the Acer Chromebook 11?

Thank you for your time and consideration

Currently, I have a Acer Chromebook 11. I heard that iPad makes better systems then android tablets, and Chromebooks. - I miss my old iPad Air (first generation) but I can no longer find them available in new condition.

So,

I started comparing between the iPad (7th generation) and the iPad Air (1st generation) - to my surprise, the specifications looked very similar in regards to weight, and thickness.

Are these two models very similar? If not then please state the differences.

Would it be worthwhile to upgrade from the Acer 11 Chromebook to the iPad 7th generation?

Can I get a full sized keyboard for the iPad 7th gen, that one could type well on like the Acer Chromebook 11?

Thank you for your time and consideration

You can compare specs on any ipad here https://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/

If it's worth upgrading is up to you, if you don't like how the Chromebook runs or what it can do, then sure.

Keyboard, any bluetooth keyboard will work with the ipad and there are plenty of cases for them with built in keyboards.

If you want an 1st gen iPad Air, keep looking online, eBay, craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, anyplace that sells used parts. There is no way to just say "go to bob's cell hut you will find a perfect shape one there". Used stuff you need to look around for to get exactly what you want.