ipconfig not recongized

ajblue90

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
so I setup a minecraft server on my laptop and it was running fine for a couple weeks then last night I reinstalled minecraft on my desktop and when I went to login to the server I had to reenter it.ok so I went to cmd and type in ipconfig to get the ip I have to use to connect to the server within the local network well it keeps telling me that ipconfig is not an recognizes as a internal or external command operable command or batch file. I went to c:\window\system 32 and found the .exe and when I run it it shows up like normal in the cmd but closes after a split second can anyone help

Solution
This typically happens when the the PATH statements in the environment variables does not include C:\Windows\system32 (that's the path where ipconfig.exe is located).

Click the Start button.
Right-click "Computer" and choose "Properties"
Click "Advanced system settings" in the left panel.
Click "Environment Variables" at bottom of box.
In the list of "System variables", find and double-click Path.
In the Edit box, go to the end of the existing value string.
Add ;%SystemRoot%\system32 to the end of that string
(don't leave a space and be sure to include the semi-colon ; at the beginning of the new path entry as shown above).

Now click 'OK' on the edit box and on all other open boxes.

This typically happens when the the PATH statements in the environment variables does not include C:\Windows\system32 (that's the path where ipconfig.exe is located).

Click the Start button.
Right-click "Computer" and choose "Properties"
Click "Advanced system settings" in the left panel.
Click "Environment Variables" at bottom of box.
In the list of "System variables", find and double-click Path.
In the Edit box, go to the end of the existing value string.
Add ;%SystemRoot%\system32 to the end of that string
(don't leave a space and be sure to include the semi-colon ; at the beginning of the new path entry as shown above).

Now click 'OK' on the edit box and on all other open boxes.

Solution