iPhone 5 Sells 2 Million Units During Debut China Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Been working in China for just over a month, when I asked some people why they bought Apple and not the resident Chinese brands, the simple answer was "fashion" in every single case, not hardware, not software, not any service Apple offer.

The Chinese branded phones are not rubbish either, I've bought at Huaweii out here as the hardware specs are impressive and the price was sub £100. The growing prosperity here is wasteful and very unpatriotic to home based brands.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
If only Chinese people were nearly as intelligent as Korean people. Extremely sad that they can't see that they have been fooled.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]MisterZ[/nom]What's the point? You can't even access Youtube in China.[/citation]Just as well there's no native YouTube app any more, heheh.

G

The China Organ Black Market was just flooded with 2 Million Kidneys.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Very disappointing sales figures for Apple. Even though it might be a record sale over a single weekend. The previous record holders were all in the same ball-part at they were all android phones. 2 million more iOS devides means that the market share climbs to 3.8% of the Chinese smartphone market. It's no wonder the Apple stock continues it's free fall.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]saturnus[/nom]Very disappointing sales figures for Apple. Even though it might be a record sale over a single weekend. The previous record holders were all in the same ball-part at they were all android phones. 2 million more iOS devides means that the market share climbs to 3.8% of the Chinese smartphone market. It's no wonder the Apple stock continues it's free fall.[/citation]

Name any other Android flagship that even comes close to these sales figures?
Android has 90% marketshare in China because they are mostly the ~$100USD Android phone, not because of S3 and Note II.

Apple makes more money in China than any large Android Manufacturer that is not a Chinese company.

I'll take < 5% marketshare in a country that is 1.3 billion and generates billions in profit each year, versus 12-15% as Samsung and make a fraction of the profit as Apple in China since they're mostly selling $100 USD phones.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]Been working in China for just over a month, when I asked some people why they bought Apple and not the resident Chinese brands, the simple answer was "fashion" in every single case, not hardware, not software, not any service Apple offer.The Chinese branded phones are not rubbish either, I've bought at Huaweii out here as the hardware specs are impressive and the price was sub £100. The growing prosperity here is wasteful and very unpatriotic to home based brands.[/citation]
Reminds me of the US

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]billybobser[/nom]Been working in China for just over a month, when I asked some people why they bought Apple and not the resident Chinese brands, the simple answer was "fashion" in every single case, not hardware, not software, not any service Apple offer.The Chinese branded phones are not rubbish either, I've bought at Huaweii out here as the hardware specs are impressive and the price was sub £100. The growing prosperity here is wasteful and very unpatriotic to home based brands.[/citation]

So in theory US residents should only buy Apple otherwise they are being unpatriotic to their home based brand?

Is it ok if a Chinese person pays the same or about $50 less to buy a Samsung Note II or S3 or is that also unpatriotic and wasteful since Samsung is a foreign company and its as expensive as an iPhone?

G

Hello?
First of all congrats to Apple for getting a successful market sale in the first month of china. i will appreciate china on becoming the second biggest market sale after U.S.
Congrats.
Their is no doubt that the iPhone will rock this world in next days that is going to release iPhone 5 in nxt 50 countries.

unlock iphone 4s

Status
Not open for further replies.