iPhone 5C Meets .50 Cal Rifle, iPhone 5S Watches in Slow-mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I knew it, Iphone can't handle a .50 cal, this is why I went with the note 3 even if it gets shot I still have 4 inches of screen to work with.

/sarcasm :D

Darth_Kaar

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
No it's a waiste of someone's hard work and resourses. If the autor is so rich to destroy two costly phones in such pointles and obvious way he could give them to some poor people. Surely the would made a better use of them.

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I knew it, Iphone can't handle a .50 cal, this is why I went with the note 3 even if it gets shot I still have 4 inches of screen to work with.

/sarcasm :D

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If overpriced and over-hyped is the criteria to use for destroying something for the entertainment value, then there is a long list of tech toys (i.e, Titan GPU, HD7990 GPU, etc) that would be next on the "hit list".

I am sure folks could come up with a long list of things to shoot next, to include the "favorites" of our fanboys/anti-fanboys with particular brands.

Just something to think about and to put this into perspective.

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
@Darth_Kaar I don't think a "poor" person has any use for an Iphone 5s, if they're "poor" then they surely can't afford the monthly bill, have no wifi, and would sell the phone to try and make it through life. Just a thought though.

noobzilla771

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2011
For those whining about "wasting" the iPhones that should be given away instead, RatedRR would actually make more money from ad revenues from user views. Also the show is not meant to prove anything on the iPhone; it's for entertainment and it does a good job of it.

Brian Schonewille

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
The only waste here was the time that existed before they chose to do this. Probably the best use of an iPhone I can think of. Antiquated POS with cheaper builds and the same old garbage hardware. Blow them all up for all I care.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
What a waste... of a bullet.

At the same time, I can't imagine wasting my youth away at Foxconn, being fed kool-aid about how I'm making the world's best phone and no one can live without it, and then I see someone callously blowing away the fruits of my labors like this. I'd probably want to kill myself.

Oh wait... I'd probably already want to kill myself. I work at Foxconn making iToys.

Killroyjenkins

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

They generate their revenue by destroying devices. They wouldn't be able to afford new devices if they stopped destroying them.

If a person is poor then how would they afford the plan required for a iPhone anyways?

Honestly I don't think giving them away is a better use. This just shows how awesome the .50 cal is. Which is freaking awesome.

Also with that same merit, we could say the same about Mythbusters who have destroyed hundreds of cars in the name of science and fun. They could have instead given them away. Or they could continue to blow them up for science.

Amen2That

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
OH NOZ! YOU KILLED SIRI YOU BASTARD!!!

Oh well that beeeutch deserved it, she tried to kill me... telling me to drive over cliffs, into lakes, and a few times into an oncoming plane when I wasn't paying attention to the road.

Deadfred

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Thank god for that video. Just imagine, I could have been holding this thing to my ear when that happened. Let me know when Apple fixes this oversight.

groovychristian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
I love how people get all upset about what other people do with their own money and resources. Seems to be a reoccurring problem in this country.

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012
If I had a Gun Range and a .50 Cal I would buy a lot of things and destroy them on the internet for fun.

What does it prove? That Tim Cook has failed in the same aspect of Steve Jobs before him: Making the damn thing bullet-proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.