iPhone 6 With Bigger Screen Rumored for May 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean1357

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Damn... Technology moves so fast. I just got iPhone 5S Gold and now they're working on iPhone 6.

I like to see in the future that FPGA will replace CPU in parallel processing...

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
FPGAs are already performing parallel computing tasks in mobiles for a time now. Multimedia, encryption & so on... Only the performance of integrated FPGAs will soon supass performance of top GPUs on desktop with power consumption of up to two watts. Fpu is hire to stay & (most) FPGAs are re programmable...

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Didn't Mr. T. Cook said that 4" screen is the perfect size, if that didn't sell well, does increasing the size would? Lot's of people just spend money on their iPhone 5's, I know some would still be afford the new one but how about the others? @ sean1357 hope you'll be able to enjoy that 5S before it gets obsolete. But then again, new technologies now a days gets old pretty quick.

ZolaIII

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
Re: FPGA
This one will be commonly integrated in most Brodcomm & many other manufacturers SoCs as it's IP.
Theoretical performance is up to Tflops.

http://fpgablog.com/posts/lattice-machxo3-fpga/

ironenr

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
I wonder 'how much the Apple's R&D department budget is? The only innovation they can come up is getting the screen size bigger? LOL

Michael Hunt

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
My apple fanboy friends always squock that they don't need a bigger screen, wonder what they will change their tune to when this comes out. Welcome to 2010 apple.

There are a couple people here that keep trolling Android-related posts, saying that phones bigger than 4" should come with a backpack. I guess if Apple does it is OK, if only that backpack comes with a fruit on it. LOL
What goes around comes around.

Jgriff

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I have a 5s...moved to apple from android because the high end android phones are heavy and bulky for no reason, (excluding the moto x) but I didnt have the chance to grab one. Id be okay with larger screens as long as the form factor stays small and light for one handed operation, so a phone a TAD bigger than the 5s in both width and length, while still being under 4 grams and with a 5 inch screen that covers basically the whole thing, like a borderless design, thatd be perfect.

Praise_Gaben

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Pretty much the same as console fanboys saying that mods are worthless, just because they never used it and they can't use it. But once apple releases a iphone with a bigger screen they are the first to scream that apple invented the 6" smartphone or whatever.

The bigger the phones are, the bulkier (and sometimes heavier) they'll be. It's just physics. You'll discover that Apple will have the same "problem".

4 grams? I would really love to see that phone.

Borderless design is good for some, but not all, and it favors 2-hand operation (stretching over the edge of the screen with one hand can trigger involuntary touch actions on said edge). Esp. for someone with small hands.

Jgriff

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013

the 5s is under 4 grams, so is the samsung s4 mini and that has a 4.3 inch display? and as long as the 6 stays around the same size with a borderless 5 inch display I dont see why it cant achieve the same weight . edit- meant to say 4 ounces! lmao my bad

Michael Hunt

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
My apple fanboy friends always squock that they don't need a bigger screen, wonder what they will change their tune to when this comes out. Welcome to 2010 apple.

Jgriff

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
It'd benefit everyone if manufactures would just make their flagship phones in small 4-4.3 inch medium 4.5 inch and large 5 inch and cut out those extra models they make.

kdw75

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
I have been so tempted to get a Galaxy Note, but I hate the OS. I am hoping Apple will finally give me a bigger screen.

Friis

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Iphone 5 is 3.95 ounces (112 grams) just to those missunderstadings.
I wonder if the iphone 6 is going to have 4 CPU cores, or are they still going to have 2 like iphone 5?
I was thinking buying a phone with 8 CPU cores

Friis

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
iphone 5 Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams).
I wonder if iphone 6 is going to have 4 CPU cores or is it only going to be 2 like iphone 5?
I was thinking buying a phone with 8 CPU cores

Status
Not open for further replies.