iPhone Hacked in 20 Seconds at Pwn2Own

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Windows and security is like a fart and concrete.[/citation]

Microsoft has absolutely nothing to do with people successfully manipulating an iPhone - it is completely irrelevant. Go troll elsewhere.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]mikewong27[/nom]all OS has security issues...[/citation]

Its just as he says.. every OS is made by man.. thus another man can find a flaw and exploit it. Thats just life.. But just like everything else if you build it well enough the cracks will be much harder to notice..

G

Misleading title at best. "Once they put everything in place, the hack took just 20 seconds." Like saying, once I built the car, it took 5 seconds for the engine to start when I turned the key. Ah, yeah, lol.

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I can understand the apple comment, but why the hatred for windows on an apple article? Dman made no reference in comparing apple vs windows, ROFL, apple fan ftl?

G

We never had these sort of security issues back in the Windows Me days.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
It makes you wonder what kind of others things we could get accomplished if we would start offering cash prizes for other technological feats.

G

jkljlk

there are some hack that need brute force computational power, this one is a simple drive by ordeal.... imagine visiting a website on your iPhone and having the contents copied

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
step one, go to infected unsecured dangerous website
step two, click yes to allow ((((hacking of my device)))
step three, claim ZOMG!! I've Been HACKED!!

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Now if they could just hack and redo Obama Care and reverse it Life would be good again![/citation]

Please limit yourself to tech-related trolling while on Tom's.

SAL-e

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
Wait a minute. Apples lawyers told us that only reason to lock the phone and jail-breaking is illegal was for security reasons.
/sarcasm
So why the iPhone is locked again?!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Apple,

My iPhone is not secure. There is an application that is being exploited.

The application is Safari. Please remove from App Store.

Thanks,

iPhone User

welshmousepk

Distinguished
' It took Weinmann, a 32-year-old from the University of Luxembourg, collaborated and Iozzo, a 22-year-old Italian researcher from Zynamic, to find the vulnerability and write the exploit. '

is it just me, or does that make no sense?

G

That's takes a great deal of talent. God would hate me if I learned to hack an iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS