iphone/itunes backup doesn't work anymore

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I have a iPhone XS and I ususally do my backups with itunes (I don't use iClouds). Yesterday, I connected the phone to my computer and wanted to make a backup in itunes, but got a warning the the backup file is corrupted and that I should delete it and make a new one. Stupid me, went right ahead to the backup folder and I deleted the files in the folder and cleared my trash basket. Problem now is, when I try to make a backup, I still get the warning and itunes asks me to delete the backup file in the device settings of itunes. But there are no files to delete. I already manually deleted them. I tried to reboot, both computer and phone and even reinstalled itunes. Seems like I broke the backup functionality on my computer for good.

Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks!

When you re-installed iTunes, did you first uninstall it and then re-installed it? It may be a good idea to uninstall it, then rename any old iTunes folders you see, including those in the AppData hidden folder in your user directory. I would rename them not delete them. Then install iTunes clean and see what happens.