[SOLVED] iPod shuffle drivers for Windows 10?

silsurf

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2016
I am trying to get my new Lenovo with Windows 10 to work with a Apple iPod Shuffle 4th Gen.

There is no driver installed. I have itunes and icloud running on the unit. It seems the recommendation is to reinstall itunes, but I was wondering is it possible to locate and install just the driver?

If not, how do I ensure my music library stay intact before reinstalling itunes?

Thanks very much

Solution
Don't ask me to explain why, but I just saw an external thread with a confirmed fix.

Buy a small USB hub.

Plug the hub in to one of your Lenovo's USB ports, then plug iPod in to the hub.

Worth a try. Two or three port USB hubs aren't expensive, you could even try a simple USB extension cable instead of a hub (even cheaper).

Sagar_20

Distinguished
BANNED
Drivers should get installed automatically.

I don't know about ipod shuffle but that's how it works with iPhones.

Get the latest version of iTunes here.

Re-installing iTunes can not affect the songs loaded in the device.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah just make sure you have the latest iTunes. I still use my Shuffle when working out or cutting the grass and it's always worked fine with Windows 10.

Don't ask me to explain why, but I just saw an external thread with a confirmed fix.

Buy a small USB hub.

Plug the hub in to one of your Lenovo's USB ports, then plug iPod in to the hub.

Worth a try. Two or three port USB hubs aren't expensive, you could even try a simple USB extension cable instead of a hub (even cheaper).

Solution

silsurf

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2016
I reinstalled itunes twice. What I am hoping to see after re installation is some sort of a driver either in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

Inside the common files folder are these:

View: https://imgur.com/AjNfrry

Inside the Device Driver center there is only mention of an iPhone, but no other audio, or Apple devices

View: https://imgur.com/2jm7cJW

I tried the using a USB hub as an intermediary, no go.