Question IPS display on a noteboook: does it worth for office tasks?

Galinho13

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Hey, guys! So, my currently laptop unfortunelly passed away and I came across the hard task of finding a new one.
I've been interested in some models which appear fit my needs: I'll mainly use the notebook for office tasks, as reading and writing texts.
So, I was wondering whether it would worth buying a laptop that has an IPS display.
I'm namely interested in Asus Vivobook - here in my country, they sell two different versions, one that has an IPS display and dedicated graphic cards; and other that has not IPS display (only TN) and uses an integrated graphic cards. The difference between these two is around $150,00.
What do you guys think? PS.: I already have a SSD and I intend to install it in my new unit.

For non-gaming, the one without the graphics card is fine. IPS will look better and will have better image off center, but is not "needed" for anything really.
If a better quality screen is worth 150 to you, then get it, if you would rather save the money, don't.

Personally, I would rather have an IPS screen, but that secondary graphics card will also use the battery a bit more as well.

Reactions: Galinho13