[SOLVED] IPS glow / blacklight bleeding - any fix ?

Help4567

BANNED
Sep 9, 2019
Its a stupid question im sure but i have to ask.
Payed 760 euro for an asus PG279Q and it have IPSglow in down right corner . . . (clearly noticeable...)

1: If i send the monitor to repair shop is there any possible way they can "edit" / "repair" the display to remove the glow?
2: Is there anything i can do to reduce or remove the glow ?
3: Yes i did search solution online but it looks like my question is just stupid.

Solution
  1. Don't think so and more then likely would void the warranty, would advise against.
  2. Lowering the brightness might help a little bit but then that would defeat the purpose of having a IPS monitor.
  3. Not really, better to ask then just assume and do something dumb which would ruin the monitor and/or void the warranty.

IPS glow can vary on monitors so you could return it and get another. If IPS glow is still annoyingly there (there's always some kind of glow on IPS monitors) then return and consider a VA panel instead or a different manufacturer/model.

WildCard999

Titan
  1. Don't think so and more then likely would void the warranty, would advise against.
  2. Lowering the brightness might help a little bit but then that would defeat the purpose of having a IPS monitor.
  3. Not really, better to ask then just assume and do something dumb which would ruin the monitor and/or void the warranty.

IPS glow can vary on monitors so you could return it and get another. If IPS glow is still annoyingly there (there's always some kind of glow on IPS monitors) then return and consider a VA panel instead or a different manufacturer/model.

Solution

Help4567

BANNED
Sep 9, 2019

Thanks for your reply.
Fact is i already did return the first monitor because it had IPSglow in 3/4 screen corners and even in diffrent colors, if i return it again i will have to wait another 4-6 weeks because of the shipping.

Its a bad situation i dont know if i should return it or keep this one because one side im happy this have glow only in one corner but other side im sad it even has any glow.

Let me explain, if there is a monitor glowing in 3/4 sides and another one have glow in 1/4 sides this means there can also be monitor which do not have any glow. thats what i want. but i dont know if the next one will have no glow 0/4 or maybe even glow in 4/4 sides.....

For 760 euro i would expect top quality without any damn glow :/

WildCard999

Titan
Thanks for your reply.
Fact is i already did return the first monitor because it had IPSglow in 3/4 screen corners and even in diffrent colors, if i return it again i will have to wait another 4-6 weeks because of the shipping.

Its a bad situation i dont know if i should return it or keep this one because one side im happy this have glow only in one corner but other side im sad it even has any glow.

Let me explain, if there is a monitor glowing in 3/4 sides and another one have glow in 1/4 sides this means there can also be monitor which do not have any glow. thats what i want. but i dont know if the next one will have no glow 0/4 or maybe even glow in 4/4 sides.....

For 760 euro i would expect top quality without any damn glow :/
Unfortunetely I (or anyone else) has yet to find that IPS monitor that has no glow guaranteed which can be frustrating and is one of the reasons I usually try to recommend people to buy monitors locally so that if there is an issue such as glow or dead pixels it's much easier to return/exchange. My IPS has a little bit of glow in each corner but it's barely noticeable so I really lucked out.

I agree though, for that money it should be much better then what your experiencing and waiting 4-6 weeks is a long time to wait.