Ips monitor 120/144hz gaming

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Since Acer and Asus both will be selling monitors which are ips but have 120/144hz with all the motion blur reduction goodies flicker free etc, I want one for gaming and daily use. My question here is that will there be 24 inch 1920X1080 resolution monitor with others specs being same or better than these early launches?

Cause I will be only using single 980 gtx for gaming to push as much fps it can on ultra and use fraps to see fps then lower settings till I get 120fps for each game settings. Also I won't be using any kind of anti-aliasing, might try dsr subject to fps count first. Believe me I can live with aliasing but overall colour quality and game performance is more important for me as I have problem with these kind of things. Want motion blur as minimum as possible and other things along with it.

Not have 980 gtx yet so asking the community to give me feed back for 120fps gaming using it. And about the 24 inch monitor of 1920X1080 resolution.

Currently owned monitor is Samsung bx 2250 overclocked it to 72 from 60hz and have lots of improvement. And I have to use 140% scaling in windows to see things clearly weak eyes and all. Can't use glasses with lazy eye. So these monitors are great thing for me if they are coming.

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I have a 780ti and the AOC G-sync and love the combo, you don't have to turn much down @ 1080p to keep FPS up and the G-sync is smoothness to the newest level. When FPS fluctuates which is all the time, it deals everything in the best possible way!

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
But I want ulmb to be turned on so g-sync gets kicked out, what about there, can I get 120fps for that so that it never dips and if it dips to be around 100 or something where I still get the ulmb to be helpful for me.

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
I personally prefer gsync over ulmb as do most who have used both.

There is no brightness issues and no variable refresh rate (which is amazing) so why pay more if you aren't going to use it.

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
I basically want to remove motion blur which ulmb tends to do better only comes with g-sync at the moment and with ips panel I want my viewing angles and color accuracy for movies and every day to day things. But I want 24 inch monitor not 27 and want 1080 res so that my future bought card can actually output the fps needed for it to be run properly. So will there be such monitor coming in future??

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Nothing like that on the horizion, you know how it goes high end gets the new tech first than cut downs come later.

I love my AOC and the 8-bit color on the tn is really nice without the amazing silky gaming/motion.

You know G-sync has a newer version of ulmb built in to it correct?

The problem with ULMB is keeping the high FPS. There are a lot of games, if not the vast majority of games, which won't allow you to maintain 100+ FPS. That said, I saw spec's of at least 1 of those monitors which is offering a 85hz ULMB. That would be a lot more realistic in many games. I'd look for that if this is what you are after.

intikhab

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

that model is acer's xb270hu the review I read says it does ulmb at 85hz but I want 1080 res at 24 inches I am hoping such a monitor will come along too cause if I go 1080 res I don't have to scale things much like movies and normal windows that much or not at all. and might get away with 100fps for games. Still I am willing to sacrifice things to get such fps for ulmb to take effect properly