ips monitor for xbox one

ballina

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
I need to replace an old benq 24" 2007 monitor. Looking for ips, low response time, 24" -27"
Need to know how to shut off speakers if they come with the monitor as using ear buds on xbox controller at night. Would prefer a adjustable height stand (standing at times when playing) Monitor is for xbox one. It looks like 1080P and 60 mhz is what I need for xbox but many choices out there.

Mainly play RPG no FPS as yet.

B.

Solution

You won't notice the response time. Unless you start playing really competitively in FPS...
You don't need an IPS monitor, but if you want one it will make your games look better. You would be fine with a regular TN panel. TN panels are the most common type of panel and they're cheaper than an IPS screen. Since you play mostly RPG games you could get a 5ms IPS screen instead of a 2ms TN panel, and you won't notice the difference (for refresh rate)

ballina

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
TN is not good because of angle when I'm standing - I'm not centered in the screen. From what I read online angles are not good with TN panel. Is there a way to shut off speakers on monitors? Again, from reading on line most to do not volume control. Is there a difference between a 6-8ms versus a 5ms response time? 6bit versus 8 bit? Do you have any recommendations on which monitor? Xbox one requires 1080P so that limits me on resolution as running a monitor not in its native resolution is not good. I like to get a 27" but if price is over $400 then I will go with 24". There are many ips monitors but few with a 5ms response time.

You won't notice the response time. Unless you start playing really competitively in FPS games you won't notice (and even then you won't really notice).

99% of monitors with speakers have a volume control. My $120 monitors have volume controls.

For the color 8 bit looks better than 6 bit.

This is the monitor I recommend for what you want: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=917359&gclid=CjwKEAjw3YipBRDL2bHhjLmFkQsSJADtzktjt6fCfej5xPvoEwgz8TJfBB_AdgoK-G47-wBoAa8qeBoCMXnw_wcB&is=REG&Q=&A=details

Solution