[SOLVED] ips or tn panel and which one

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Hey guys so i need help upgrading my monitor.These are my 3 main options at 400euros and below Dell S2716DG tn panel 144hz 2k acer nitro vg270up ips panel 144hz 2k
viewsonic vx2758-2kp-mhd ips panel 144hz 2k dell is at around 340 euros while acer is at 385 and viewsonic at 400.Which one do you think would be the best option?

Solution
I game but ive also started working on some animation and artwork.If the colors are similar with ips and not far off i guess i will go with the va one cause im kinda scared of the backlight bleeding and flickering problems of ips which i believe dont exist in va ones.Also is the response time low with the msi one similar to a tn panel?

Yeah, VA is the middle ground of the panel types, fast response times and refresh rates with decent to even great color ranges. Go VA then.
Normally I would never go with a TN panel. They're only meant for fast refresh rates and response times but other than that they have low color ranges and bad viewing angles.

Here's a quick video on it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNc2fKuVnGU

I'd recommend IPS, though while IPS technology has come a long way some monitors are reported to have back-light bleeding (white spots on the monitor when screen is showing a dark image) or even flashing. Check the reviews of what others are saying.

The most common middle ground are the VA panels. They are easily able to achieve high refresh rates and response times, but also have great color ranges/contrast ration and decent viewing angles

Reactions: kostask5

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Normally I would never go with a TN panel. They're only meant for fast refresh rates and response times but other than that they have low color ranges and bad viewing angles.

Here's a quick video on it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNc2fKuVnGU

I'd recommend IPS, though while IPS technology has come a long way some monitors are reported to have back-light bleeding (white spots on the monitor when screen is showing a dark image) or even flashing. Check the reviews of what others are saying.

The most common middle ground are the VA panels. They are easily able to achieve high refresh rates and response times, but also have great color ranges/contrast ration and decent viewing angles
Could u recommend a good va one with 2k and 144hz around the sam eprice also are the colors similar to ips?cause i also do some art work thnx

Could u recommend a good va one with 2k and 144hz around the sam eprice also are the colors similar to ips?cause i also do some art work thnx

The Acer IPS you initially wrote up there is plenty good. Especially if you plan to do artwork. I personally use an MSI Optix mag321cqr and the colors are pretty good. I do photoshop and video editing. here and there and the colors are fine but not IPS level clear, though I have an IPS right next to it and the difference is noticeable but pretty similar. VA has better contrast so darker colors are deeper.

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
The Acer IPS you initially wrote up there is plenty good. Especially if you plan to do artwork. I personally use an MSI Optix mag321cqr and the colors are pretty good. I do photoshop and video editing. here and there and the colors are fine but not IPS level clear, though I have an IPS right next to it and the difference is noticeable but pretty similar. VA has better contrast so darker colors are deeper.
I see the acer one has a really horrible stand as ive seen and flickering problems sometimes havent found any reviews for the viewsonic the msi 27 inch one is about 50 euros more would u say it would be worth it ori should go for the ips?

I see the acer one has a really horrible stand as ive seen and flickering problems sometimes havent found any reviews for the viewsonic the msi 27 inch one is about 50 euros more would u say it would be worth it ori should go for the ips?

If you mostly game, then yeah go MSI with the VA panel. I would only go IPS really if you really want your colors to be perfect. You don't need it and can get away with a VA, you'll barely notice the difference.

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
If you mostly game, then yeah go MSI with the VA panel. I would only go IPS really if you really want your colors to be perfect. You don't need it and can get away with a VA, you'll barely notice the difference.
I game but ive also started working on some animation and artwork.If the colors are similar with ips and not far off i guess i will go with the va one cause im kinda scared of the backlight bleeding and flickering problems of ips which i believe dont exist in va ones.Also is the response time low with the msi one similar to a tn panel?

Yeah, VA is the middle ground of the panel types, fast response times and refresh rates with decent to even great color ranges. Go VA then.

Solution