[SOLVED] IPTV causing problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exxons

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
Hi,
I have been struggling with the internet ever since I enabled IPTV.
I get major ping spikes regularly. The problem exists on both 2.4 gHz and 5gHz
I am not sure what information someone would need to help me, but here is what I think may be relevant:
The way my internet is setup:
  1. Asus Router RT-AC66U B1 is plugged in the wall
    1. Set to operation mode: Wireless router
    2. IPTV settings
      1. Enable multicast routing: Enabled
      2. Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping): Enabled
  2. IPTV is plugged in on the Asus router (the IPTV device is called: Advanced Digital Broadcast SA)
  3. My ISP is Telenor (Norway)

Bandwith should be 500mbps both up and down. Therefore bandwith should not be the issue.
I have read through other forums where NAT, Upnp, DHCP QoA has been mentioned. I dont know what these things are.
I have QoA enabled, prioritizing
  1. Gaming
  2. Video and media streaming
  3. ...
DHCP is enabled
The problem persist on all computers so it is not a problem spesific for my computer.

I really hope someone is able to help me and I would appreciate any help very much. Thanks.

Solution
I am not sure about the network connectivity.

Line diagram:

ISP (Telenor) ----> Modem(?) ----> [WAN Port ]Router [LAN Port] --Ethernet cable ---> IPTV Advanced Digital Broadcast SA Device ~~~~ Wireless~~~~> IPTV.

With other wired [LAN ports] and wireless devices also being served by the router.

Make and model modem?

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Does the following link show the matching User Manual for your Asus RT-AC66U B1 router?

https://manualsbrain.com/en/manuals/1555441/

Ralston18

Titan
I am not sure about the network connectivity.

Line diagram:

ISP (Telenor) ----> Modem(?) ----> [WAN Port ]Router [LAN Port] --Ethernet cable ---> IPTV Advanced Digital Broadcast SA Device ~~~~ Wireless~~~~> IPTV.

With other wired [LAN ports] and wireless devices also being served by the router.

Make and model modem?

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Does the following link show the matching User Manual for your Asus RT-AC66U B1 router?

https://manualsbrain.com/en/manuals/1555441/

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.