Question IPV6 "no network access"

May 24, 2019
Just recently checked my network connections and noticed that my IPV4 is connected to the internet but my IPV6 says "no network access". Is this something I should call my ISP about or is this something I could fix myself.

Some more information:
My living room PC (which is connected by ethernet) says the same thing and I still have access to the internet.
The PC in my room also says "no network access" on IPV6 yet some games wont allow me to play. This PC is also connected to IPV4
My router is a Netgear Nighthawk if that matters

It should not matter. IPv6 even though I was told it was the future of internet almost 30yrs ago when I was starting in networking is still not used much. You might try to disable the ipv6 in your nic settings.

IPv6 will not work unless the ISP provides you with IPv6 support. This is very hit and miss when it comes to ISP. The ones you actually commonly get ipv6 ip is mobile broadband. Still I would never user it. Nobody ever thought unique IP addresses down to the machine level is a bad things until facebook,google,etc decides to track everything.

Most games do not care but I have seen some game consoles and maybe the xbox support on windows use IPv6 tunnels. This is sorta a private IPV6 vpn over IPV4 without getting too technical. I have little experience with this and setting it up if this is your problem