News Iran Reveals Simorgh Supercomputer, Says Another Is Imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2021
I get the sneaking suspicion that the story from the Iranian press is a government cover up to the supercomputers’ true purpose....to simulate and fine tune the explosive efficiency of Iranian nuclear bomb designs. I could be wrong of course and I have no way to corroborate that except for the fact that the US, after the nuclear test ban treaty, used supercomputers to validate new nuclear weapon designs in lieu of detonating them for real. Not to mention that right now the most powerful supercomputer in the United States is at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and is exclusively used to simulate the readiness and aging of nuclear bomb internals as the US nuclear stockpile grows older due to production of new weapons ending in the 90’s. Like I said could be wrong but an interesting thought none the less.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is the equipment they can't get from real sanctions that the US had, or sanctions that were the result of Trump's pissy "I have to prove that I'm tougher than Obama" withdrawal from JCPOA?

maik80

Commendable
May 21, 2021
And what's the problem, most of these computers are used in medical and scientific studies in general

Status
Not open for further replies.